Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Update "No File"

Title
    Thanks

Update "No File"

hello,

i am trying to put on the new image onto the TM800 but each time the ip screen comes up and i press menu, it says "no file" on the usb

i have renamed to the correct name it should be but it will not not update.

anyone have any ideas?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    have u tried another usb stick, sometimes the sticks itself is the problem. it might have worked before doesn't mean it will work again.

first try to connect it to ur pc, format it as FAT32 move the file into it and try again
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grtmoby View Post
    have u tried another usb stick, sometimes the sticks itself is the problem. it might have worked before doesn't mean it will work again.

first try to connect it to ur pc, format it as FAT32 move the file into it and try again
    yes m8, tried 2 different usb devices and formatted both of them, does not seem to be happening for me.

does the new image have the audio fixed for english on forigen channels?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    which image u r trying to load and where did u get it, i mean isn't there any chance the downloaded file is corrupted.

did u use any download manager, if yes try to download it without using it
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    make sure you are following this guide

Code:
    Menu->Setup->Network->[Blue] button ("Update")

or

Download an image file (from here.)
    Place the image file into the root folder of the USB mem. stick
    Rename the image file to exactly this: TM800_update.bin (lettercase is important!!!)
    Power off at the back.
    Power-on and as soon as the front display says "Technomate", start  pressing (press-release-press-release, etc.) the "Power/Standby" button  on the front pannel,
    untill you see "MinoRoot" in the front display - now stop pressing anything, and wait
    untill you see something like "<xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in the front  display, where the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is usually 127.0.0.1, or whatever  your receiver's current IP address is at the moment.
    Now, press the "Menu" button on the fron pannel and observe the rapidly  changing letters and numbers in the front display indicating the  progress of the image load.

Ideally, at the end of the falsh, the box should restart and take you through the "1st time Wizard". 
    If not, try a later image. 
    If that still doesn't help, definitelly do a factory reset before you re-flash again.
    thanks to fdlsys from his post here

Code:
    http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1380-Downloading-TM800HD-Images
    Rules can be found HERE

6. The Following User Says Thank You to grtmoby For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (27-08-10)