Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i program dreambox with nfi file

Title
    Thanks

how do i program dreambox with nfi file

hello, can someone help me to program a dreambox with a dereambox uk nfi file how do i do this do in need a filezilla program

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    you start the unit holding the button on the front of the unit, once it sez stopped, with an ip address showing, you then open your browser with the units address, select update, find the image on your comp, perss ok.
    and the unit should then upgrade to your chosen image
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

3. The Following User Says Thank You to basilyoung For This Useful Post:

DixieRay (14-06-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    you start the unit holding the button on the front of the unit, once it sez stopped, with an ip address showing, you then open your browser with the units address, select update, find the image on your comp, perss ok.
    and the unit should then upgrade to your chosen image
    thanks sound ok for my level of skills which is not so good with satellite stuff. i read something about using an ss8 loader before the program do i need to do that or wiil my nfi file do it all at one go? do i need any special browser or will explorer of firefox work ok

Title
    Thanks
    fire fox is ok,...I think the other file you refer too is the latest drivers, which will need to be loaded first

a word of caution, if your unit is a clone, or copy, the unit will be "rendered unusable"

also if its a clone, on this forum, we will not offer support, ( not suggesting your unit is a clone, this is just a "heads up"

Title
    Thanks
    its a genuine box not a chinois clone or i think it is genuine box as guy i got it from said it was not s copy

Title
    Thanks
    I am sure its is a genuine unit, but the fact you were unsure of the image update methods, lead me to think you are new to the hobby, and felt it prudent to warn you of a possible problem, thats all

8. The Following User Says Thank You to basilyoung For This Useful Post:

DixieRay (15-06-12)

Title
    Thanks
    I am sure its is a genuine unit, but the fact you were unsure of the image update methods, lead me to think you are new to the hobby, and felt it prudent to warn you of a possible problem, thats all
    yes, you are right i am new to the hobby and trying to learn a bit about it as i have never updated a satellite box and it seems a bit scary. is it impotant to load the ss8 loader file before the nfi file as i am not sure where to get one of these ss8 files from? i onlu paid small cash for the dreambox cos the guy was finished with it so if it blows up i only lose little money

Title
    Thanks
    just had a read on the ss8 file i think it is the second stage loaders file doe this file have to be special to the program you are loading for example will the dreamboxuk nfi program file need a special version of the SS file or is the SS file ok for all nfi program files from different teasm lastly can anone show me where i can get on of these SS files fro> thx are all these satellite boxes this hard to update it is not easy ?

Title
    Thanks
    HTML Code:
    http://dreamboxupdate.com/
    from the dreambox site and yes its the second stage loader that you need to load first, Its been a while since I messed with my DB800, and think it needs to be loaded via a NULL MODEM cable, using the latest "dreanup"
    which is also on the site posted above,

Title
    Thanks
    i got connected to the dreambox and clicked the flash button on the web page bit how do i know when its finished there is no indicator bar or anything to tell its done?

Title
    Thanks
    i think i bitched this box it did not flash with the dreambox uk file and is giving a blackhile hyperspce picture on my tv. possibly need to try with a cable from a pc but where to start, ithink this bitched box is for the bin surely cant be this hard to get some satellit pictures

Title
    Thanks
    oops, i think i deffo bitched this box now, i connected to it with a null cabel and it said it was connected with dreamups software then when i plugged the power into the dreambox it said a message "is not a valid integer" or something like that it shows the box model in the dreamups but wont connect for the flash, its connected but bad message about integers. bin fodder for this bitchbox no dream here just nighmares, wasted half a day on this pig.

Title
    Thanks
    It sounds like the unit might be a clone.

how much did you pay for it, and where did you get it from, your answers will give me a clue, pm me if you prefer

Title
    Thanks
    The way to find out if your unit is a clone, is to start the unit, as if you were going to install an image,

write down the units MAC address, which should be on the underside of the unit
    go into your router, look for connected devices and the ip of the unit, you should be able to see the MAC code of the unit

compare it to the printed MAC address, if different, the unit is a clone

also, on browser, I forget the option, but it will list the drivers id, which could be any thing from 59 to 78 ( maybe higher ) if the drivers are really old, again this would indicate a clone

Title
    Thanks
    It sounds like the unit might be a clone.

how much did you pay for it, and where did you get it from, your answers will give me a clue, pm me if you prefer
    i got the box from eestern europe from a guy who was using it to hack the PVU horse racing. it has some type of experimentl program on it that seems to be blocking access to the box. i tried all sorts today to get this thing going and now finally have some pictures. i did a factory reset and got it to boot but still cannot connect to the box with filezilla it is blocked. I checked the MAC code and the 1st 4 pairs (8 numbers) are the same on the router and the box the last two pairs are different i have nn:nn:nn:nn:B0:14 on the box it cam in and the borrom label of the dreambox then on the router i have all same numbers for the nn numbers and the last two pairs are :4b:cf ia m not sure if the MAC code is all 12 numbers or only 8 numbers if it is 8 then it is identical if iti si 12 then the last 4 are different. since I got it booted up I got horses and greyhounds from 5East but sweet FA else and it dont want to scan not6hin g into it this box is a bitchbox Im gonna bin it I wasted nearly a day on this now would have been cheaper to buy a box for a ton off ebay. i downloaded plugins to wipe the passwords and none of them work even though they say they are giving new root users password. if the MACS says it is a clone then lifes a bitch, only cost me a days time and a few squids. thanks for your help sorry it looks like it was a bit of a no hoper
    Last edited by DixieRay; 15-06-12 at 23:04.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast