Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: installation problem

Title
    Thanks

installation problem

How can I install for exemple rami maher 7 on my vu+ duo (BH 1.7.5) ? It coms with rar

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    It's not compatible with the BH 1.7.5 image and i dont think he has made a version for that image yet. also to install these skins you open the archive and copy the USR folder to the same location on the receiver using FTP then reboot the receiver.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Last time I tried to install one of these skins it crashed my box and just kept crashing in a loop, I couldn't even get to reinstall one of my back ups, but I don't think I installed it the way you described mate im sure I put the usr folder in then tried selecting new skin from within the image itself, do you think that caused the crash , I love one of the skins but I'm very wary I ref lashed the box yesterday to the new vix image and dont want that happening again
    Best regards
    Al

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    do a full image backup and once complete copy it to your USB stick so you can be back up and running in a couple of minutes if it goes tits up again. Then do what you like with the skins, just follow what Pheonix said
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    even if you do end up in a bootloop by transferring one of these skins to your receiver you can easily recover by FTP'ing into the receiver and manually deleting the skin folder. when a receiver goes into a boot loop it is only Enigma that is crashing, you can still gain access via a telnet session or FTP.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I didnt know that mate, Thanks a lot, would have saved me a lot of time knowing that, and the receiver nearly went thru one of my windows

Title
    Thanks
    I think I can see where I went wrong mate, i replaced the Usr folder out of the skin archive,with the Usr folder on my image, BUT in the usr folder on the image, there are lots of other things in there like games softcams crossepg folders.
    is there a specific place that the usr folder goes out of the new skin ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    go into the USR folder and copy it's contents to the USR folder on the receiver then do a reboot. understand though that these skins were not written for the ViX image so while they may work they are not 100 % compatible.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thnaks for that mate, ill leave it, dont want to risk losing the stability part of the new image.
    Is there any nice images that we know are 100% stable with our image ?

Would those be the ones on the download server within the image
    best regards
    Al

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All the skins in the feeds under the ViX heading are 100 % ViX compatible note i said the ViX heading not the skins heading, the ones under the skins heading are trully awful in my opinion and a throw back to the DM series images.

SIMPLES.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Big Al (24-06-12)