Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Newbie Question

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Newbie Question

Hi

My duo came with the bouquets preloaded. As some of the channels have disappeared, I'm assuming they have moved and I need a new E2 settings file. I've download Mr Misters file and loaded it on dreambox edit no problem. Before I send this new file to the receiver I'm worried that I will lose all my other satellites? Also is there a way of identifying whose settings are on the box now?

Thanks
    Tom
    VU Solo2 (Motorised & Fixed)...... running Vix latest image and Harmony One RC

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Using DBE you can receive the current lists from your box to a folder on your pc to keep them as a backup then if it does go tits up you can just restore them or merge them with the new list then upload the whole lot to the box
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

TomD (03-06-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    if you have already loaded the Mr. Mister bouquet to your receiver you will have wiped the older bouquets from it, now Mr. Misters bouquet pack contains a satellites.xml file only for use with 28.2 east so you will need to generate a new one which contains the details for all the other satellites you want to receive.

you can generate the file form here ( selecting the option to only use active / known transponders will be best )
    Code:
    http://satellites-xml.org/
    once you have the new file FTP it to
    Code:
    etc/enigma2
    then do a GUI restart ( Menu> Standy-Restart>Restart enigma ). When the receiver reboots you can go rescan all the locations you need.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

TomD (03-06-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi
    I had a look through some of the E2 files and established I have Phoenix's Vhannibal pre-loaded. As I like the set-up of these lists I loaded the latest version on DBE, then imported 28E from my existing channel list, (as I had already edited it to my preferences), sent it all back to the box and sorted.
    Last edited by TomD; 04-06-12 at 15:53.
    VU Solo2 (Motorised & Fixed)...... running Vix latest image and Harmony One RC

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TomD For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (04-06-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Hi
    I had a look through some of the E2 files and established I have Phoenix's Vhannibal pre-loaded. As I like the set-up of these lists I loaded the latest version on DBE, then imported 28E from my existing channel list, (as I had already edited it to my preferences), sent it all back to the box and sorted.
    I'm chuffed your now sorted, and the Vhannibal E2 bouquets are by far my personal favourite motorised pack although it is also worth pointing out that i am not the author Vhannibal is.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.