Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hey i bought tm 800 hd and i dont know how to update it im new to this

josef

Smile Hey i bought tm 800 hd and i dont know how to update it im new to this

i bought tm 800 hd of some ******, he wont answer his phone now when i need help, i want to update it so all the functions will work , ''record'' etc. i dont have a clue how to do this... Help would be appreciated !

Thanks !
    Last edited by grtmoby; 19-08-10 at 16:26. Reason: inappropriate language usage

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    have a look here

Code:
    http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1380-Downloading-TM800HD-Images
    and to download the image go to

Code:
    http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?110-Technomate-TM-800-HD-images

may be now you can introduce yourself and say hello

Code:
    http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?13-Introduction
    Last edited by grtmoby; 19-08-10 at 16:28.
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grtmoby For This Useful Post:

josef
    Thanks for help mate, if i update it now will all channels reset? i have bought biloSatcccam for 150e if that resets i will be screwed because i wouldnt know how to install it on the tuner, the guy who did it for me the same guy i bought the tuner wont answer my phone calls...

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    u need to backup ur data first
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

6. The Following User Says Thank You to grtmoby For This Useful Post:

josef
    and how to do that? thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    i bought tm 800 hd of some ******, he wont answer his phone now when i need help, i want to update it so all the functions will work , ''record'' etc. i dont have a clue how to do this... Help would be appreciated !

Thanks !
    You might have long wait for all the functions on this box to work as its a work in progress and they haven't released a new image in other a month.

Here are some of the known bugs/faults/etc

Code:
    Originally Posted by Robxxx7
    I will summarise all the issues that have been experienced during testing here .. and we can cross of the ones that have been fixed and add any new ones ..

As of 29/7/10

[s]1/ Picture Breakup (changing channels cures this for a short time)[/s]
    2/ Clock is very erratic in Standby (gains/loses time)
    3/ Signal meter readings seem lower than normal
    4/ Lip sync becomes poor whilst watching a channel
    5/ CCcam not reading cards directly or indirectly through Newcs
    (update: smargo usb does read cards)
    6/ USALS not very accurate
    [s]7/ When box brought out of Standby either channels break up or get a green crash screen[/s]
    8/ AC3 sound pops in and out
    9/ CCcam errors as per 'dmesg'
    10/ Setting fixed IP only works for current session.
    [s]11/ Setting DNS only works for current session.[/s]
    [s]12/ Network connection input screen retrieves IP broadcast address and prefills data into third DSN server address.[/s]
    13/ Sound defaults to Narration.
    14/ System does not give enough time for the motor to move the dish to another satellite before displaying tuning failure messages.
    [s]15/ Holding Stby button does not display the shutdown menu.[/s]
    [s]16/ Shell Scripts do not run natively (they do if part of an XML file)[/s]
    17/ Shell does not support python
    18/ Unable to view encrypted channels after recording. No picture but sound OK, FTA channels are fine to record
    green = fixed

Thanks to original poster digidude

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

josef
    alright, but there is latest update 15-07-2010 i want to install that, will that effect my cccam or channels because i have biloSatcccam and i dont want to loose that...

Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes, it will affect everything. You need to learn the essentials about your receiver, software, softcam, etc. and learn how to quickly, easily and safely backup what needs to be backed up and restore after the re-flash. And the only way you will get there is by reading - a lot - this and other forums. All that you need to know is there. Sorry, there is no magic bullet.
    Start with downloading the DCC_E2 (Enigma2 ftp + telnet + utilities tool) and Dreamset (channel/bouquet editor).
    Southern hemisphere, LNB1: 68.5E, LNB2: 15.8E, LNB3: 36.0E, 2x 4way Diseqc switches
    Dsq1: TM9100 (DS4.4 20100922) loopback to "Victory" (FTA receiver)
    Dsq2: TM800HD (UR1.0 20101028 Beta)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fdlsys For This Useful Post:

josef
    ok cool, so i need to back up, its sucks big time i hope somehow i will be able to to do that

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    First you need to know exactly which files to back up! Read, learn...
    You bought yourself a Linux computer with very specific functional dedication.
    If you expected it's gong to be as simple as using a toaster, well, think again.
    Southern hemisphere, LNB1: 68.5E, LNB2: 15.8E, LNB3: 36.0E, 2x 4way Diseqc switches
    Dsq1: TM9100 (DS4.4 20100922) loopback to "Victory" (FTA receiver)
    Dsq2: TM800HD (UR1.0 20101028 Beta)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fdlsys For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    im still burning my toast a lot to learn i have

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well Put and you will get a lot of burnt toast with this STB, But it is not a dead loss. Keep trying you will learn the best way by tryle and error!
    Technomate TM-800HD Beta tester. TM 6900 HD, TM5400CI+ super, ClearOS servers, smargo+ x5,Spiderbox 9000hd, spiderbox 5000sd, Openbox s9HD, Sky HD multiroom full sub.
    Dishes, Main dish is 1.2m Triax, 1.1m prime focus, 80cm moterised, & zone2 sky dish.
    Cams and cards are, Diablo 2.3 & diblo wifi, Dragoncam v2, Gamma,Titanium 1,2, Canal digital,DigitALB, JSC 1-10, Nova Gr, many ice scrapers & old cams.
    Loads of other satellite kit.
    Satellite ark is 45w - 36e.