Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please! Trying to get Tenda W150M to work with Sky box

Title
    Thanks

Help please! Trying to get Tenda W150M to work with Sky box

I hope that someone can help. I have just bought a W150M from WOS as an alternative to a Sky wireless adaptor as I want to use Anytime+. Simply setting the W150M to Client+AP mode and plugging it in to the Sky box doesn't work, so I have read the user guide. The fundamental problem I now have is that I cannot access the setup wizard (http://192.168.2.1). I don't know why, but this is obviously stopping me from configuring the W150M correctly. Can anyone tell me how to sort this out? Thankyou!

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You should be able to factory reset it by holding down the reset button for 7 seconds...try that and it should connect to the default admin IP again!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same problem. Set this up useing Client+AP, but how do you connect it to your router, once connected to the sky box

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mswin341 View Post
    I have the same problem. Set this up useing Client+AP, but how do you connect it to your router, once connected to the sky box
    Follow the guide, once you've configured on PC it will connect itself to your router when connected to Sky box.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. I must be missing something. I configured the WM150 on my PC, it found my network on the wizard setup, I then connected it to my sky+ box, but still nothing, do you have to setup the network on the sky box ?

andys0506
    With the sky boxes I believe you need to turn on the ethernet adaptor as by default its off.
    Off the top of my head its under services / network

Title
    Thanks
    im having the same problem it just keeps failing once put into the sky box, banging my head against a brick wall now!! lol please help

Title
    Thanks
    I have followed the setup about 10 times but it still fails when attached to sky just fails to find network, any ideas??
    thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Follow the guide, once you've configured on PC it will connect itself to your router when connected to Sky box.
    I have tried allsorts but just keep failing to find network when attached to sky, any ideas?
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    what type of encryption are you using. tenda does not support wpa-psk (even though it suggests that it does), it constantly fails on wpa-psk2 and in truth the only encryption it is somewhat solid with is wep (and even with this it intermittently fails). so if you want to use tenda (and i recommend to any user never to buy this piece of gear as it is torment) you are best advised to set your primary router to wep encryption. then program your tenda using your laptop/desktop. once completed make sure that you set your network adaptor settings on your laptop/desktop to retrieve an IP address automatically. Now turn off your wireless on your laptop/desktop which will force your laptop/desktop to use the tenda connection to your router instead. if this works and you now have internet then you can now connect the tenda to your tv box and it will work. note you must be extremely careful in setting up the passphrase on the tenda and also ensure that aes/tkip is set correctly.

Title
    Thanks
    if i change the routers wep key this means i have to change all pass keys to games consoles, phones etc?

andys0506
    Quote Originally Posted by fintannl View Post
    what type of encryption are you using. tenda does not support wpa-psk (even though it suggests that it does), it constantly fails on wpa-psk2 and in truth the only encryption it is somewhat solid with is wep (and even with this it intermittently fails). so if you want to use tenda (and i recommend to any user never to buy this piece of gear as it is torment) you are best advised to set your primary router to wep encryption. then program your tenda using your laptop/desktop. once completed make sure that you set your network adaptor settings on your laptop/desktop to retrieve an IP address automatically. Now turn off your wireless on your laptop/desktop which will force your laptop/desktop to use the tenda connection to your router instead. if this works and you now have internet then you can now connect the tenda to your tv box and it will work. note you must be extremely careful in setting up the passphrase on the tenda and also ensure that aes/tkip is set correctly.
    This is really annoying, I got swayed into buying one of these when I ordered my Duo from the site sponsor. I am having issues with it losing connectivity, at least once a day - I guess this is the reason why. What good is a AP that only works with WEP!!!!

Title
    Thanks
    I have a tenda W150 and it works just fine with WPA/PSK2. the only issue I had is when powered from the usb (if the usb source device was powered off for a while) it lost some of its settings and would need to be re-configured on a pc. I have now plugged it directly into the mains and dont switch it off. Its been working for months.

Do you have another device you can plug it into to test a TV with bbc iplayer or Blue ray player with bbc iplayer maybe and post the results of the test.

Title
    Thanks

Angry Doesn't Work any More

Mine worked when I first got it, but I had to reset it about 4 times in a week and then it finally stopped working alltogether.

I have tried re-setting it and gone through all of the setup rountines a dozen times but it just will not link.

My computer can see the Tenda and the Tenda can scan for and find my router but I cannot get out to the internet via the Tenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast