Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I mount an external harddisk (NAS)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have a similar problem, I am trying to mount a CIFS share from my IOMega NAS. As I don't see anything in the net dir, I checked the /etc/fstab. performing mount -a gave me an error first that no username is specified, noticed that there was a space btw. username= //workroup/username, corrected this, and now I am getting permission denied. I ran cmod 777 on the dir but it didn't help.
    //192.168.0.1/Movies /media/net/MoviesSTORCENTER cifs username=//workgroup/username,password=pw,rw,iocharset=utf8 0 0
    any parameters I missed?

Title
    Thanks

detailed instructions

OK I got it sorted for those of you who have issues and want to get it manually sorted with VU+ solo2 Openvix 3.0.808 (There seems to be a bug for network mounts on that build).

- On my NAS (IOMEGA) I created a new user only for the VU+ eg: username:user Pw: password.
    - delete all the network mounts you had from the menu
    - check the /etc/fstab is any network mounts are still listed, if there are any left, remove the lines
    - delete the /etc/enigma2/automounts.xml file (don't worry it will be recreated)
    - init 0 and switch off and on the box (I am not a big fan of this, as this is more windows like, but it helped)
    - create a new mount from the menu:
    activate:......................activate
    Local shared map:...........iomegabox
    type of connection:..........CIFS share
    Server IP:.....................IP OF YOUR NAS
    Server share:.................movies (directory/share name on your NAS Share)
    HDD replacement?............no
    connection options:............rw, utf8
    - save
    - check the /etc/fstab, you should see a line like
    //192.168.1.10/Movies /media/net/iomegabox cifs username= user,password=password,_netdev,rw,iocharset=utf8 0 0
    - if you look at the line you will notice there is a space after "username" username= user ->remove that space and save your file
    - run mount -a and check if there are any error messages. if there are no error messages type mount to see if your directory is listed under the mounts. It should be there now and you should see your files under the net directory of you VU+. enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12