Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cant find channels,sky news, aj jazeera sports

Title
    Thanks

Cant find channels,sky news, aj jazeera sports

I've just done a straight swap with an old fortec box, nothing changed, I seem to be missing channels and no idea why, ive tried the manual scan with the specific settings and cannot pickup sky news and cannot find any of the al jazeera sports channels, any ideas.

Title
    Thanks
    If you have an old sat xml file that could be the reason, so try and upload catseyes settings and see if that helps.

Title
    Thanks
    I just recieved the box yesteday from wos with the vix image so would that not mean should be up to update, plz excuse me, i have no idea as im new to solo and really struggling. how do I upload catseyes, what is it lol

Title
    Thanks
    Catseye is a readmade channel list which you upload the using a program like dreamset for example which is here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...light=dreamset.
    Then upload the latest catseye settings file is in this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-58-West/page6

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zola25 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    managed to find details on stanman signature, magic, will try it later,

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi again,

Keep the faith as it will be worth it when you get it up and running. It is daunting at first but soon you will find it all a doddle...

Try this:

Long Press Blue button the remote and then press the Green for download plugins. Now expand the settings section and select whichever settings you require. These settings are the channel lists for the various satellites and are created by some of the lads on this forum

I use the Vix Silverfox HD settings for 28.2 but the Cateyes and many others are up there too. It all depends on what Satellite you are pointing to.

Anyway, select one with the OK button and when it asks you if you want to install it select yes. The Solo will then reboot and when it restarts then you should be able to view the channels as set up for you in those settings.

Any issues then just keep asking..

Cheers,
    mcquaim

Title
    Thanks
    I done the silverfox thing lastnight, lol, aaaaaaaaaaahhh, went into plugins and installed, there were 2, in saying that, im sure it was for astra etc, do I need one for hotbirs 13, i thot like the fortec you just scanned and then it would pick up the channels

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeah, if you are pointing at hotbird 13 then you will need different settings. Check the description in the settings and it will state what satellite they are for.

You can just scan either and set up your own bouquets. Get your xml from
    Code:
    http://satellites-xml.eu
    and ftp (You can use filezilla) onto the Solo and then kick off an automatic scan.

Here is a guide for you:
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11987-How-To-Update-Your-Satellites.xml-File&p=87270#post87270

Title
    Thanks
    Ive already tried the specfic sat settings and cant find sky news or al jazeera, im on the latest vix image i believe, do I need to update satelite.xml, thot it would just scan and find those channels

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Perhaps, I'm not familiar with what channels are on hotbird 13. Try that guide above and then see if it will come back with those channels for you.

Title
    Thanks
    Im also missing, bbc news, bbc scotland, think theres loads missing, discovering as I go along.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Where those channels available on the fortec sat box?

I checked this link and no mention of BBC Scotland:
    Code:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html
    You have a fixed or motorised dish setup?

Title
    Thanks
    Yip everything on fortec working fine, no issues at all, using fixed dish. Really odd and worrying.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry bbc scotland is not on hotbird, its on astra, im missing channels from astra and hotbird, missing bbc news, sky news, bbc scotland from astra and al jazeera sports from hotbird 13.0

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok, strange one..

Anyway, follow that guide to download an up-to-date satellites.xml file and stick it on the Solo, reboot and then re-scan and see what you come up with. If the fortec can pick up those channels then the Solo deffo can too.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast