Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When is a new HW revision for Vu+ Duo due in, guys?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT View Post
    The next VU+ DUO version can do with:
    4- Series Link
    You won't get a better series link in my opinion than what's available with the vix image and the autotimer (or, installing and configuring autotimer manually). Until someone gets the source code and a way to transfer it over to the duo, from the sky boxes, then this is the best you'll get...

As for virtually all of the rest of your requests, it's likely just going to be kept as "hopeful"...

How many other boxes can dowhat you've asked?! OK, the azbox can do some of it, but then again, the azbox can't do half of what the duo can...

Then, you have the dm8000. What can that do better than the duo (apart from modular tuners and up to 4 tuners), than the duo!? Not really worth while money is it?! So, if the duo came out with the features you want, but cost the same price as the dm8000, would you still pay the extra money for it?!? I don't think I would ... those features aren't worth £400-£500 to me!!!
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-10-10),beagooner (11-10-10),harryoz (11-10-10),nasser007 (10-10-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Ermmm, nope, not necessarily. AZbug P+ doesn't cost that much.

Actually, I don't really need:

4- Series Link
    5- Physical external loop through
    7- 4:2:2 support
    9- Modular tuners -> if the new ones are gonna be really good, with 1080p and blindscan

And Duo support is way, way better!!!

Lots of sales -> costs go down...

So, this is reasonable, non?
    "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)

Code:
    http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html
    - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi TUT
    What have you found wrong with the SD and HD picture on the current DUO?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VU+ Zero - Triax TD110 - Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB - Superior DarkMotor - VIX v3.2

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fulabeer For This Useful Post:

serg (11-10-10)

Title
    Thanks
    The picture quality of the current vuplus duo is very ok in my opinion. Anybody who is complaining about the
    pic. quality (HD and SD) should check their tv and box Vid. settings.

Title
    Thanks
    Actually, I would like to know that, too...

You know, a lot of this "picture quality problems" stuff is actually "like-dislike" only - and one can't find a single piece of objectivity in any of those "arguments".

On top it all, if one can see that one is biased towards a receiver or a company - not saying TUT is one of them but it is frequently so - then one can get a "real picture", as it were...

Don't get me wrong: there must be more objective ways of measuring the picture accuracy and so on... But most of it we see on forums like this one is... well... flawed from the start, esp. when we see users obviously taking sides, whatever the reason... Again, not saying TUT is - I can not possibly, as I don't know him - but from many such debates all round net...
    "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)

Code:

Title
    Thanks
    We can all agree on that the picture quality of Vu+ is not the best in the market right? it's good that we can output native resolution with Autores plugin and such but in the end of the day they picture lacks the punsch and crispness that other receivers have.

I have the Sky HD box which have the same Broadcom chipset as VU+ Duo and the Sky HD box got alot better sharper cleaner picture than VU+.

Compared to my previous IPBOX9000 you can't really compare, however the IPBOX doesn't have any autores feature so it fails in that department.,

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT View Post
    Any update or news regarding new Hardware version of the VU+ DUO ?
    It will come Q1, 2011, that is the reason the box is dumped in price right now in Europe, in Sweden you can buy the Vu+ for around 360 euros.
    Last edited by Likvid; 11-10-10 at 11:10.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post

Then, you have the dm8000. What can that do better than the duo (apart from modular tuners and up to 4 tuners), than the duo!? Not really worth while money is it?! So, if the duo came out with the features you want, but cost the same price as the dm8000, would you still pay the extra money for it?!? I don't think I would ... those features aren't worth £400-£500 to me!!!
    The Dm8000 is getting cheaper for every week now so it starts to attract my attention anyway, i've sold both my VU+ now and waiting to see what i shall buy next, the Vu+ for me was a boring box as everything just works but the most annoying thing with Vu+ for me is that it's so damn ugly, well the Spiderbox9000 takes the price for the ugliest box on the planet :lol:

The DM8000 is good that you have modular tuners, i need DVB-C for some channels and DM8000 got that option, also the DM8000 got pretty nice looking design, looks more exclusive, also the Dm8000 is faster and you have more available images and you have Picture in Picture which is really a big shame that Vu+ doesn't have in a modern receiver, i guess they skimped that option to save costs.

Right now you can buy a cloned DM8000 for only 400 euros, but you can buy the original box for 750 euros now, 300 euros difference from Vu+, it's tempting...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Likvid View Post
    It will come Q1, 2011, that is the reason the box is dumped in price right now in Europe, in Sweden you can buy the Vu+ for around 360 euros.
    So what firm confirmation do you have about this apart from hear say across the forums?

My advice to people is, if they want a VU+ Duo, buy it now while the price is right. It isn't always going to stay this low.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    So what firm confirmation do you have about this apart from hear say across the forums?

My advice to people is, if they want a VU+ Duo, buy it now while the price is right. It isn't always going to stay this low.
    It will go lower because the new box is coming soon, as i said it will come Q1, i got the information from Marusys direct.

There is a reason why dealers are dumping their stocks in Europe right now except in the Uk of course which doesn't know what's going on in reality.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Whatever you say Livkid......................seems you know more than everyone else in Europe
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Whatever you say Livkid......................seems you know more than everyone else in Europe
    Why? you say i am a liar?

Ask Marusys yourself if you have the contacts.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    I dont think dealers are dumping there stock its that they have been making costumers pay a premium on the boxes as you can buy them wholesale from distributes for EUR 299-319 or less.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Getting back to the picture quality issue, I would like those who claim the quality is less than for example the IPBOX/CubeRevo to specify what channel/sat they are talking about - and even what program on the channel.

Especially for SD channels the quality can vary widely - on 28.2e for example, compare BBC1 (excellent SD quality) with either Setanta Sport (variable quality but generally dreadful) or some of the free adult channels (just for PQ comparison obviously).

I had a CubeRevo for about 4 months and I can't particularly remember the picture quality - what I DO remember is flashing the ****ing thing 2 or 3 times a night with various different images in a desperate attempt to actually get to watch some TV.

Title
    Thanks

Lightbulb

the Vu+ for me was a boring box as everything just works
    FFS, Likvid, what an "argument"... Gimme one like that, PLLLLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

but the most annoying thing with Vu+ for me is that it's so damn ugly, well the Spiderbox9000 takes the price for the ugliest box on the planet
    Honestly, as if that matters 1 iota... Seriously, dude, are you a superstar fashion-boy, pin-up from Playmate's calendars or summat?

The DM8000 is good that you have modular tuners, i need DVB-C for some channels and DM8000 got that option
    That is a real advantage, of course! But for how much money? If the ones that will be built-in the new model, for the sake of an argument, are 1080p with blindscan, sensitive enough and reliable - that's cool, too!

also the DM8000 got pretty nice looking design, looks more exclusive
    Yayks! Exclusive? Man, we are all for making SaT tv inclusive - AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING...???

also the Dm8000 is faster
    OKI, good to know, if true - but why? Processor + other HW + coding or...???

and you have more available images
    Just gimme one that kicks arse, never mind the bo**ocks...

and you have Picture in Picture which is really a big shame that Vu+ doesn't have in a modern receiver, i guess they skimped that option to save costs.
    Possible. And it is a shame they do not have it, as it is a useful feature, indeed, with today's hobbyist, agreed!

Right now you can buy a cloned DM8000 for only 400 euros
    Where and which one, please? How good a quality of build? Differences in HW that can be exploited by DMM? As you know, if they can - they will mess with you by messing with your HW...

but you can buy the original box for 750 euros now, 300 euros difference from Vu+, it's tempting...

No, definitively NOT SO!!!

Now, as for the "quality of image" - most of the time it's based on nothing but "like - dislike" and frequently the dislike has its whole reason in "fan-like" routing for one's "tribe", which is frequently based in rather countable interests...

Here is a post from Satbiz forum, thanx to Bambi:

One of the best skinera (Miro iliti Matrix) gives us his TOP 5 list of HD sat recs...

Btw, the three recs that were thrown out are from DM kitchen.

The man is in this quality of pics business for a long time and he owns all of those recs:

1. DM 500 HD
    2. DM 8000 HD
    3. Vu+ Duo HD
    4. DM 800 HD
    5. AZ Box
    There, to give other opinions, too. See which one weighs more...

Code:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast