Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vu+ duo stream your box via Internet from anywhere in the world

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Do you get an error when trying to connect to the VPN using wifi ?
    nah just says cant connect,i just installed dreamdroid and over 3g it connects to my vu+ without any problems but i used my dyndns address as ip not my vu+ ip i can browse through the bouquets but so far no player streams vplayer trys to play but closes daroon buffers then says failed lol.weird how i had to use my dyndns and not the vu+ ip tho
    Last edited by can7; 05-01-12 at 14:42.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by can7 View Post
    nah just says cant connect,i just instaledl dreamdroid and over 3g it connects to my vu+ without any problems but i used my dyndns address as ip not my vu+ ip i can browse through the bouquets but so far no player streams vplayer trys to play but closes daroon buffers then says failed lol.weird how i had to use my dyndns and not the vu+ ip tho
    Yeah Dreamdroid is ok for LAN viewing but for Internet viewing you really need VLC doing the decoding so upload bandwidth is smaller.

Hmmm, this is bugging me as well now lol. If you VPN connects over 3g network, it should connect whenever you are connected to any network wifi or 3g.

Can you make sure your web interface is enabled in VLC , by clicking on View, add interface then click web interface. Then make sure its enabled by typing 127.0.0.1:8080 into the pc running VLC. If it takes you to the interface then its enabled properly, and that's 1 problem ruled out.

When using VPN you dont need your no-ip anywhere in the settings page, as it works like its connected to your internal network. If you use VLC (HTTP-DYN-IP) mode then you need your no-ip.

I will send a PM

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Yeah Dreamdroid is ok for LAN viewing but for Internet viewing you really need VLC doing the decoding so upload bandwidth is smaller.

Hmmm, this is bugging me as well now lol. If you VPN connects over 3g network, it should connect whenever you are connected to any network wifi or 3g.

Can you make sure your web interface is enabled in VLC , by clicking on View, add interface then click web interface. Then make sure its enabled by typing 127.0.0.1:8080 into the pc running VLC. If it takes you to the interface then its enabled properly, and that's 1 problem ruled out.

When using VPN you dont need your no-ip anywhere in the settings page, as it works like its connected to your internal network. If you use VLC (HTTP-DYN-IP) mode then you need your no-ip.

I will send a PM
    Hi m8 yep VLC running fine no problems with the web interface have replyed to your PM.

Title
    Thanks
    https://github.com/sreichholf/dreamDroid/downloads just to let you know theres a new dreamdroid for us to play with , some nice settings in there

Title
    Thanks
    Hi m8 yep VLC running fine no problems with the web interface have replyed to your PM.
    if u can use dreamdroid without setting ports then u need to point 8001 to the pc running vlc not to the vu duo m8 you cant do both

Title
    Thanks
    can7 i wouldnt flip back and forth between dreamdroid and ANDR use one or the other as youve got to change ports to enable streaming on either

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cboy View Post
    can7 i wouldnt flip back and forth between dreamdroid and ANDR use one or the other as youve got to change ports to enable streaming on either
    If using a VPN though you can use both, am going to check out the new dreamdroid now lol !!!!!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cboy View Post
    if u can use dreamdroid without setting ports then u need to point 8001 to the pc running vlc not to the vu duo m8 you cant do both
    i still had to set my vu port to get it to connect

Title
    Thanks
    did u sort it?

Title
    Thanks
    i still had to set my vu port to get it to connect
    Sorry, yes you still need to set up the VU port

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345