I'm an avid Vix user, currrently running Vix 2.3.133 on a Vu+Duo. This is a great image and seems a lot more robust than the previous image (especially with regard to running twin terrestrial usb tuners).

I find myself accessing some Vix functions on a very regular basis that could be done via script and a crontab... if only I knew how (assuming it is even possible).

For example, I normally have the eit 'off' but I need to turn it 'on' and then tune to specific transponders to update their epg's and then to return the eit to 'off'. I need to do this every 24 hours to keep up with the particular (Australian terrestrial) broadcasters who have a habit of changing their programming regularly. For all the satellite broadcasters, I prefer to download the epg from the web each day and I have the eit 'off' because some of these broadcasters have spurious information within their eit. (Australia - Aurora etc).

So much for the example. Is it possible to write a script that changes settings and tunes to different channels etc just as one might do using the remote controller? If so, does anyone have any suggestions or examples of how this is done?

Merry Christmas and thanks to the team for all the good work this year.