Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Prince Harry reports BlackBerry mugging

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Prince Harry reports BlackBerry mugging

Imagine the scene: you're on the phone to a friend when you hear a scuffle and realise someone's trying to steal their handset. Well this happened to Prince Harry at the end of last month, when his pal Thomas van Straubenzee had his BlackBerry stolen, the Daily Mail reports.

At least it proves someone still wants a BlackBerry.

Harry was speaking to van Straubenzee when he heard what was happening and rushed to the scene in Battersea. Fearing van Straubenzee had been hurt, Harry drove around with his protection officer looking for him. Unable to find him, he went to the local police station where he found his friend reporting the crime. Harry was then required to give a police statement, seeing as he heard the mugging as it happened.

A police spokesperson told the Mail, "A mobile phone was taken during the robbery," but wouldn't specify which model of BlackBerry it was. A man was arrested in connection with the robbery, and the phone was recovered.

In the States, however, it seems muggers are a little bit pickier. Earlier in the week NBC New York reported that a pair of robbers targeting students in Manhattan weren't interested if their victims had BlackBerrys or Android handets, only iPhones. If they didn't have an Apple handset, the robbers demanded cash instead.

"I think it speaks to the resale value of an iPhone," one student on the Columbia campus told NBC. "It's insulting they don't want my BlackBerry," said another.

Another added: "I don't like mine. I'm waiting to get an iPhone myself."

Do you think an iPhone makes you more of a target? Would you feel safer with a less pricey phone? Let us know in the comments below

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/prince-harry-reports-blackberry-mugging-50006445/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Android phones can be at least as pricey as the Apple phones (at least here in Denmark), it's more about fashion and the hip-factor and at least the criminals seem to think iPhones are the coolest thing (ever). Muggings are generally not a problem here, so no I don't feel unsafe with an iPhone.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K