Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sky Sports launches F1 channel

Title
    V.I.P
    if i tell where i live am afraid ill have to kill you
    Thanks

Sky Sports launches F1 channel

Sky Sports is to launch a dedicated channel for its new in-depth Formula 1 coverage, taking viewers under the skin of the sport.

Starting in March 2012, Sky Sports F1 HD will get Sky customers closer than ever, with more action, analysis and information - on their TV, online and mobile devices - throughout the season.

This new home of Formula 1 will be the only place to enjoy live coverage of the whole Grand Prix season, including all practice and qualifying sessions and every race in the calendar.

From its launch, Sky Sports F1 HD will give viewers:

EVERY RACE LIVE: From March to November, every moment of each race will be live in HD, without the interruption of adverts.

LIVE PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING: Every practice and qualifying session for each Grand Prix will be shown live on one channel, Sky Sports F1 HD.

THE FULL SEASON IN-DEPTH: Over nine months, viewers will have a wealth of programmes with in-depth interviews, archive action and weekly magazine shows.

EXTRA LIVE CONTENT: Through Sky's interactive service, fans can follow the action through on-board cameras, go behind the scenes with the teams in the pits, and follow race data, to take them further inside the sport.

The dedicated channel will be provided at no extra charge to all Sky TV customers who take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 or the HD pack of channels. It will be found at 408 in Sky's on-screen guide, after a scheduled move of the Sky Sports channels. Sky Sports viewers without the Sky+ HD pack will receive a standard definition version.

Sky Sports F1 HD viewers can also follow the action wherever they are with all live coverage on Sky Go, through online, mobile or tablet devices, at no extra charge.
    SKY SPORTS F1 HD
    Launches March 2012
    Click here for more info

Announcing the new channel, Barney Francis, Managing Director of Sky Sports, said: "Formula 1 followers are hungry for more and we want to give them the ultimate experience. It's not just every minute of every race but a channel devoted to Formula 1.

"We can now tell the whole story of the season, from every Grand Prix, from start to finish. Formula 1 will get the full Sky Sports treatment. We have big plans for live shows and a rich line-up of Formula 1 programmes; getting to the drivers, exploring the technology and lapping up the drama.

"With a dedicated channel for Formula 1 we can also give all sports fans the depth and breadth of sports they demand every weekend, right through the year."

Jeremy Darroch, Sky's Chief Executive, added: "This brand new channel again proves Sky's commitment to investing in the best content for customers. It will give even more value to Sky customers and create another reason for others to consider pay TV.

"This is another example of the value we are creating for customers through our content leadership. It follows the recent launch of other high-quality new channels like Sky Atlantic and Sky 3D as well as our growing commitment to UK original content in areas such as drama, comedy and the arts."

More information on Sky Sports F1 HD can be found at www.sky.com/f1

2. The Following User Says Thank You to notanotherone For This Useful Post:

rossi2000 (25-11-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yeh had a read on that....looking forward to see what the F1 coverage will be like with Sky...
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Hope they have good commentators like m.brundle.
    Would like to see James Allen back
    vu+duo running vix image with 600gig samsung hdd

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    There was nothing wrong with bbc1 HD coverage of F1
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Apart from the money on the table

Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    There was nothing wrong with bbc1 HD coverage of F1

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    nothing against the formula 1 but dont you think sky should be concentrating on getting more HD channels on air than dedicated channels
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    personally i would rather see decent contend given the HD treatment like F1 than re-branding old crap like dave as HD. saying that i would also prefer it if sky would pisk off and stop nicking our national sports.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.