Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Amazon Kindle Fire is eating into potential iPad sales

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Amazon Kindle Fire is eating into potential iPad sales

Amazon's Kindle Fire may be less than half the price of the cheapest iPad 2, but it's already eating into Apple's sales, according to a survey.

The survey reveals 26 per cent of customers polled who have either already pre-ordered the Fire or are "very likely" to buy have either delayed or put on indefinite hold their plans to buy an iPad 2. So yaboo sucks to you, Apple.

The survey was carried out by RBC Capital markets and ChangeWave Research, reports Mac Rumors. Five per cent of respondents have pre-ordered the Kindle Fire, or said they were "very likely" to do so. That compares to 4 per cent who said the same about the original iPad in a very similar survey back in 2010. This was when tablets were nowhere near as massive as they are now though, and there were only about three apps available.

The findings contradict some experts who said because of the massive difference in price, the Kindle Fire wouldn't impact on iPad sales.

Apple is typically brash about the Fire. Last week news emerged that two Cupertino top bods had said they weren't worried about the threat, saying because of its customised version of Android it'll look like another operating system altogether, confusing customers. This confusion will just push them towards Apple's 'more stable' iOS device.

Amazon has tweaked the Android operating system so it looks unlike any other tablet, and it's hoping developers will make apps specifically for it due to the massive interest sparked by its low price.

There's still no word on a UK release for the Fire, despite it being announced for the US back in September.

Would it stop you buying an iPad? Let us know below

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/amazon-kindle-fire-is-eating-into-potential-ipad-sales-50006009/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (12-11-11)