Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneaky Peak of my new skin.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 249 Posts
    Then skinz are nice hopefully someone will incorporate them into a specific image for the vu+ without any of that dream rubbish splattered over everything

thanx for showing us

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    One other thing, does the skin take picons and allow ecm info etc?!

Using dream-elite, and disabled the "light-skin", so that everytime I zap to a channel, it shows the full infobar. That gives me the picons. But looking at yours, it doesn't allow both?! Maybe won't bother you, as you'll be so fed up, don't wanna put it out there for the dream-elite image hehe.

Thanks again
    is this better or worse ?

2ndInfoBar-EncrypDeatails2.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

tinbin (10-12-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    i must say that i love it Andy
    hope it will be available for the DE soon
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post

Does the info bit pop up a second press of the OK button? If so great, otherwise I'd leave all info on standard size infobar.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Does the info bit pop up a second press of the OK button? If so great, otherwise I'd leave all info on standard size infobar.
    yes, it does, unless you have the option ONLY to show the 2nd infobar turn on

7. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (04-07-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well done looking good so far. Could you post a pic of the Grathmulti epg that you are going to use.

I have wanted to build my own skin now for a long time but cant find any decent tutorials could you point me in the right direction please.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts

Cheers for posting that. Looks much better. But, a few critique if I may?! (hopefully others will agree?!). Is it possible to put the 2nd info at the bottom rather than the top?! Also, can you make it stretch across the whole width of the bar?! If it's just me that prefers it like that, then just leave it as is, but I think it'd be better how I suggest... Let's see hehe

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mickbrush View Post
    Well done looking good so far. Could you post a pic of the Grathmulti epg that you are going to use.

I have wanted to build my own skin now for a long time but cant find any decent tutorials could you point me in the right direction please.
    nope sorry, it is just what i have learned reading though the code, as far as i know there is no manual or tutorials anywhere, i used to be a systems analyst so debugging code is what i was good at, but it is a learning curve. i think i am going to have to get myself a python coding book so i can learn to create my own plugins. i am new to or this STB stuff

andy.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    when you say "used to be", can I ask how old you are? You can ignore if you like, just got me interested Also, wondering what you do now (unless you're retired because so old hehe).

Also, once you read that python book, pass it over here. Only had a read up on a few functions before when needed them, but looks to be a pretty good language

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    when you say "used to be", can I ask how old you are? You can ignore if you like, just got me interested Also, wondering what you do now (unless you're retired because so old hehe).

Also, once you read that python book, pass it over here. Only had a read up on a few functions before when needed them, but looks to be a pretty good language
    i am 36, i say used to be because, i no longer work, my disability has progressed to a stage that i am no longer able to work , so i have to find little projects to keep my mind active, but i am limited on how long my muscles allow me to do stuff, they get tiered and weak very quickly i am about ready for the knackers yard lol.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

pooface (03-07-10),rolexru (31-07-10),Sicilian (04-07-10),ttt1892 (10-07-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    sorry to hear that andy, thanks for all your efforts as i mentioned in my earlier post
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Keep up the good work Andy im in the same boat here and like a good tinker (just can't do code).
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes I'm also looking forward for this on the downloads too.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    i am 36, i say used to be because, i no longer work, my disability has progressed to a stage that i am no longer able to work , so i have to find little projects to keep my mind active, but i am limited on how long my muscles allow me to do stuff, they get tiered and weak very quickly i am about ready for the knackers yard lol.
    Cheers for answering my question. Sorry to hear your personal problems. Glad it's not stopping you from helping the forums

Now, pass on all that knowledge to me of your programming skills previously, as I've forgotten all my c/c++ etc, and I'm sure you'll have a good wealth. Now, where did I put that brain addition plug & software hehe

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's a Ba~#*rd when the body starts to let you down. I was 31 when they packed me off to the knackers yard. Bottom 4 discs in my spine were damaged in a training accident during my job as an airport firefighter and then arthritus set in. That was in 99 and then in 08 I started getting sudden light head episodes. Two years of scans, xrays, poking n prodding and being told what was not wrong with me and not what was and I was getting well frustrated. Turns out my cervical spine is arthritic now too and the vertabrae or bone spurs are sometimes compressing thr vertebral arteries and restricting the bllodflow to my brain. Your right about finding things to do to keep your mind right, thats how i got into satellite lol. I wish you all the best for the future and thanks for your valuable contributions to the forum.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast