Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Eutelsat expands Eurobird slot

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Eutelsat expands Eurobird slot

Paris-based satellite operator Eutelsat is investing in a new satellite for its increasingly important 9 degrees East slot. The high-capacity craft will add bandwidth for expansion beyond the current 320 channel neighbourhood already transmitting from Eurobird 9.

Eurobird 9B is being ordered from Astrium and will have 66 transponders on board, with re-useable frequency beams, allowing for considerable expansion of the existing high-definition bouquets, as well as allowing viewers to use a dual-feed antenna and thus pick up the many hundreds of channels already broadcasting from Eutelsat’s ‘Hot Bird’ adjacent position at 13 degrees East.

The new satellite will boost coverage for Italy, but also increase capacity over Germany, Greece and the Nordic/Baltic regions.

Scheduled for launch towards the end of 2014, the satellite will also carry a payload for the Italian Space Agency (ASI) which will be used for Italian institutional requirements.

Code:
    http://www.advanced-television.com/index.php/2011/10/04/eutelsat-expands-eurobird-slot/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (05-10-11)