Hi guys.

Today, little one was playing on the laptop, and decided he wanted to get up and fetch something, so walked around it, but lost his balance, and ended up going head over heels over the laptop, knocking the screen over

When I powered down the laptop, all was working ok, but could feel the hinge was a bit dodgy... Anyway, after an hour taking it apart, finally got to the screen (should've looked for the service manual earlier ). So, it looks like the screen hinge has broken off on the left hinge. The right hinge was fine, but on the left side, you can lift it up, and it comes apart from the hinge.

Looking around on the net, I can't find the part to purchase, as it looks like I need the screen housing, but have only found the screens, no housing. Now, looking at it, it looks like it could do with just being "glued" on to the hinge. Have seen this, and thought that it would be the best bet:

Code:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_176487_langId_-1_categoryId_255230
But, I'm a little worried that it might not work correctly for the screen, or if I do glue it, it will glue incorrectly, and stop it from folding over. So, I've 2 choices. Either glue it on like I've suggested, or try living with it broken off. I've tried, and it still folds over ok, just that it is loose. Or, do I try getting another firm to fix it (no thanks ), or claim it on the house insurance.

Am awaiting a reply from a laptop screen company as to whether they can get the hinge/housing, which would be great, but wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?