Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: tm800hd with darkstar ii

Title
    Thanks

tm800hd with darkstar ii

hello, will tm800hd accept darkstar ii image or even gimeni image?

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    no, not as far as I am aware

images for this unit are unique

I am sure that a few TM800 experts will post you some info soon

also, this is your first post I notice, its a good idea to post an intro in the intro area, with a little info about your experiance/kit
    but welcome to the forum anyway
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    thanks guys for quick reply i will put some intro about me got this dm500s with dark starii very stable but tm800 iq image a bit not stable.

TM800HD WITH IQ IMAGE
    DM500S WITH SUPER DARK STARR II
    90CM MOTORISED MESH DISH
    JSC CARD

Title
    Thanks
    the only imgaes that work with the tm800hd at present are images from the iqteam , andromada images and digital worldz images . Currently the iq team are working on the OE sorting it out so other teams can write images for it as currently the tm800hd is all over the place in terms of linux coding. Its been over 16 months now and the box is till not working as advertised. Many Tm800 customers have jumped ship to other more stable boxes ie vu+ duo etc ... but technomate have promised that it will be sorted as soon as possible
    squig007

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    well there is also a WoS image for the TM800 released on this very forum. but personally i think TM have missed the boat on this one. the box is well over a year old and due to them dragging their heals with the UR team in getting the source code out in the first place they have missed out massively. even now the source code has been in the open for a good 6 months or more very few teams are bothering with this box and sadly i cant see that changing any time soon. unless TM get their finger out and offer some incentives. for example donating development boxes to interested teams to get them off the ground. it's sad really as this box could and should have been a giant killer.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ya, I got one a year ago as my second box but I don't like it one bit.
    I paid way to much for it so I'm keeping it in the hope a decent image will come out for it
    Pioneer 50 inch Kuro tv
    Onkyo 906 amp with B&W MT-30 speakers with B&W PV-1 sub.
    Vu duo, dreambox 800se and ET9000 stb.
    Xtreamer prodigy media player with 4TB Wd black Caviar hdd.Abigs D7 media player 2tb Wd hdd. 6tb of HD movies and counting

Title
    Thanks
    After using the tm500 , a great box , i also went out got the expensive 800 but a very big let down!

Title
    Thanks
    NO .

and

NEVER.

TM 800 has dead long time ago,,,,,but only Now some people understood...!
    The Announcement about it has been more then 8 month ago in NET.... Calling ...( Technomate 800 Project has fail .)
    Last edited by gogoli; 06-11-11 at 20:42.

Title
    Thanks
    because of my lack of thorough, I just bought a TM-800 HD, goods received on 4 May 2012, far away to buy from the UK for use in Indonesia, I really regret buying the TM-800 HD, but this is my own fault. Hopefully, the IQ / DW and Technomate will continue to develop "image" TM-800 HD to maximize and optimize all features of TM-800 HD.

expectations will hopefully always be there, so this box is not in vain

thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Is this you first linux box? It is for me I was a bit disappointed at first but when you get to know it, it is'nt that bad, it may crash now and again and have a few problems, but what do you expect its a hobbyists box it's much cheaper than the dm800 and has much better picture quality. I say that load's of people now have this box and will start to build their own images and post them on the web to sort out the problems for now the box is only at an early age. Shame it dropped down in price from £200 to £150 after a few months of buying it!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simon4545 View Post
    Is this you first linux box? It is for me I was a bit disappointed at first but when you get to know it, it is'nt that bad, it may crash now and again and have a few problems, but what do you expect its a hobbyists box
    it's much cheaper than the dm800 and has much better picture quality.
    I say that load's of people now have this box and will start to build their own images and post them on the web to sort out the problems for now the box is only at an early age. Shame it dropped down in price from £200 to £150 after a few months of buying it!

I would expect a lot more from a hobbiest box there is nothing this box can do for the hobbiest ? 99% of anything changed will crash and green screen the box

the majority of people will buy a clone 800SE, for another £30 on top of TM800 you get a real hobbiest box that you can really play with as for it being better picture quality ?? Ive had both and the TM800 is no better than the clone SE

more images being made because more people now own the TM800, Id like to know how this is possible as the source code that was available for a very limited time was withdrawn
    so if no one has the source code how can this be improved ?

the box is 2 years old and has han no support from TM/UR_/iQ for the last 6 months, TM promised TM800 would be worked on again on March 1st after launch of Twin, but no word yet as they are still trying to sort out the Twin

I truly believe people on all forums should know what they intend to spend there hard earned cash on and not regret there buy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rat For This Useful Post:

udayansen (30-05-12)