Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review and Guide to setup the Tenda W150M WiFi N 150mbps Wifibridge for all Receivers

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Thumbs up Review and Guide to setup the Tenda W150M WiFi N 150mbps Wifibridge for all Receivers

I've been testing the Tenda W150M AP/Router/Wirelessbridge for the last month or so to test its stability and reliability as found the Vonets VAP11G can be hit and miss. Well I've got to say the Tenda W150M works as good as any 85MBPS Homeplugs! Its works absolutely superb and is a doddle to setup!
    The Tenda W150M can be purchased from World-of-Satellite.co.uk http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...dge-WIFI-W150M

Its can either be powered by supplied USB lead or supplied 3PIN PSU. This is great for Satellite receivers such as the Blade BM7000S or the Technomate TM5402HD that only have one USB port, even better news for receivers like the TM500 Super that dont have any USB ports. This really is the WiFi Solution for ALL receivers! You won’t believe how good this WiFi Solution really is until you try it. Once configured you can easily tuck behind your receiver/set top box.

To setup the Tenda W150M follow the attached guide. You'll be amazed as to how easy it really it!
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bassethound (27-09-11),corinadeva (08-05-12),daveyboy999 (30-08-12),doverai (31-08-13),khan888 (05-02-13),mscon (08-12-11),probsat (16-08-12),souldude (31-05-12),tosh2004 (13-07-12),ukbob (27-09-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Using the Tenda W150M in Client+AP mode makes is the perfect WIFI adapter/solution for receivers such as the VU+ Solo, Technomate TM5402, Blade BM7000S as they only has one USB port. The W150M does NOT require the use of any USB ports. So in affect its perfect for any receiver and allows you to use your valuable USB port's for other things such as USB HDD storage.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Any idea what would the distance of this be ..
    my father lives on the same road but approx 80m away.. he has no broadband...
    Could i set up a dm500s at his house with this devise so he could use my internet

Title
    Thanks
    now that would be good if that works

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abdul.jabbar View Post
    Hi,

Could i set up a dm500s at his house with this devise so he could use my internet
    i think that might be a little far away

do a test if you have a wifi phone connect to yr wifi and walk down the street

when you disconnect that is the distance you can expect

my iphone i can connect no more than 2 houses away
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    if it were just your house a vast open space then his house you could easily rig something up to cover that distance however in the confines of a ordinary street you will be very limited due to the signal having to pass through walls and cars etc.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abdul.jabbar View Post
    Hi,

I think that would be too far through buildings etc...

I've been testing with router upstairs, front of house and Tenda W150M connect to receiver at the furthest point at rear of house, been excellent. Vonets adapters where always hit & miss, Tenda W150M is great
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Ok guys thanks for all the replys..
    When my kid comes home i will try the ipod toutch to get a very rough idea

Title
    Thanks
    I take it this will work on Sony Bravia TV's to get bbc iplayer working ? Instead of using sonys expensive USB Dongle

Title
    Thanks
    Cant seen to get this to work with my Vu+ Duo!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    Have you read the setup guide? It needs to be configured on a pc before connecting to your Duo. What part are you stuck on?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Another pointer, when you first connect to your receiver you need to restart the receiver to renew the ip address.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Another pointer, when you first connect to your receiver you need to restart the receiver to renew the ip address.
    Ive followed it to the letter as far as I can see.

I assume the SSID of the bridge needs to match the SSID of your internet connection yes?

I will give it aniother go tonight as Im not sure Ive done a full restart since installing it.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Ive followed it to the letter as far as I can see.

I assume the SSID of the bridge needs to match the SSID of your internet connection yes?

I will give it aniother go tonight as Im not sure Ive done a full restart since installing it.
    These bridges work with ANY receiver, if your not getting internet access its becuase you've not configured it correclty. Test on the pc that your configuring the adapter with to check you've configured it correctly.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

nibb (05-10-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorted - a reboot fixed it!

Working well...it also works on a normal $ly receiver for Anytime!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nibb For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (05-10-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast