Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Astra will demo ‘glasses free’ 3D at IBC

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Astra will demo ‘glasses free’ 3D at IBC

Satellite broadcaster SES Astra is to demo iPONT’s glasses-free 3DTV system at IBC in Amsterdam. The object is to show delegates how close the industry is to ‘glasses free’ autostereoscopic 3D for broadcasting.

The demonstration aims to prove that without-glasses 3DTV technologies have reached a level of maturity and quality acceptable to the consumer market. “The quality of glasses-free 3DTV technologies have been hampered by viewing angles, depth, resolution and real-time imagery issues with few yet to deliver that premium-viewing experience,” explained Thomas Wrede, VP Reception Systems SES Astra. “iPONT’s maturing technology is an intriguing development and its progress has been impressive making us confident that glasses-free 3DTV for the home is going [to be] with us in the not too distant future.”

On the market realisation of glasses-free 3DTV, Tamas Vahl, global director iPONT International said: “Major TV operators know that for 3D to truly go mainstream glasses-free 3DTV needs to happen sooner rather than later. Once that conundrum is solved then it will make it easier for pay-TV operators to sell 3DTV to the consumer and to programme makers, which we expect to drive the next wave of top-tier HD programming.”

iPONT has already tested its system in a real-time conversion of BSkyB’s 3D programming (on May 28 using a Sky transmission of the UEFA Champions League final, and using a 65” autostereoscopic TV set).

Code:
    http://www.advanced-television.com/index.php/2011/08/30/astra-will-demo-glasses-free-3d-at-ibc/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (30-08-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Imo if they can make glasses 3D work 100% it will be massive.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Imo if they can make glasses 3D work 100% it will be massive.
    Thing is they can't idont think

3d is based on glasses stabilising 2 intertwined images

As fit glasses free it will be like the nintendo 3DS the 3D is in perspective so you look into the image rather then the image come out at ya

Like a hologram

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Also, I remember reading about a lot of customers who had a sea-sick kind of effect when using the nintendo 3ds...

If this happens in the mainstream, then not many people will really take to 3d!

Also, the content needs to hurry up and expand. Last night wanted to test the 3d on my new set, and all I could get was some ww2 stuff, and 3d promo stuff. No films, nothing that you'd really want to sit down and watch.

However, saying that, the bits I did watch of the ww2 thing was really good. Want missus to hurry up and come home now tho so that I can get approval to order a stand and take proper use of the set!
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Only on the weekend does sky3D show free movies during the week it's all PPV or footie or then the ww2 or bugs or then the royal wedding lmao

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓