Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: No 7 Day EPG on single transponder

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No 7 Day EPG on single transponder

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

No 7 Day EPG on single transponder

Sometime in the last week or less I have lost 7 day epg on a single transponder 12419h on Optus 160E. The epg for all scanned channels on this sat comes direct from the sat and has worked for years. It seems restricted to this single transponder.

Any ideas?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For those who can’t see the header I am currently using a vu solo4k on 5.1.28 but have tested on a variety of vu boxes with different versions of vix and it is the same.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Have you tried another image?

Has anybody else down under had similar issue using another brand of receiver?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes I tried openpli, same problem. I only have vu receivers to test with.

Title
    Thanks
    Vu changed the software base they use for their drivers a few months ago. If that is the cause, then the only Vu's will be affected. See if you can try an image about a year old.

If the issue is the broadcaster no longer transmitting the data on that transponder, they need to fix it. Is using another TP a problem?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Vu changed the software base they use for their drivers a few months ago. If that is the cause, then the only Vu's will be affected. See if you can try an image about a year old.

If the issue is the broadcaster no longer transmitting the data on that transponder, they need to fix it. Is using another TP a problem?
    I will check a vusolo which has the last vix image release on it. I don’t use it so will need to dig it out to test. All other transponders on 160e available to me are fine. The broadcaster is sky NZ and I have checked on their box and 7day epg shows as normal.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Could they be using a different transponder for the EPG? You would need to check every transponder

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    Could they be using a different transponder for the EPG? You would need to check every transponder
    I am a little out of my depth here so forgive me if I use the wrong terms. My understanding is the epg is transmitted directly from the satellite EIT for now/next and MHEG-5 for full epg. In the graphical epg I briefly access every channel I can receive and the epg populates. Is there something else I should do?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have now found out that all channels on this transponder have changed to mpeg 4. Don’t know why this should make a difference.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    From my recollection of EPG changes over the years here in UK/Ireland/Europe, any usage of MHEG by broadcasters required a software licence in the receiver. This pretty much ruled out MHEG on linux devices. Now, major broadcasters really only used MHEG for "red button" services such as teletext replacement over this side of the planet and didn't really use it for EPG. I know that our local terrestrial broadcast in Ireland uses MHEG for news/teletext services which I can't receive on my linux boxes, but I have a paid licence on my Windows copy of DVBViewer Pro which allows me to use the service. Thankfully, MHEG is not actually used over here for EIT now/next or the full 7 day EPG. The full EPG is accessible from Freesat/Freeview/SKY etc. because the Huffmann tables used to compress programme details are well known and distributed across the various linux images. I do remember reading some time back that NZ was implementing MHEG for its EPG services to retain control over the proprietary DVR market, so if that's happening then you may be out of luck. Most broadcasters, though, are moving away from proprietary schemes in favour of more open schemes like HbbTV which can certainly be run on our linux boxes.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Actually I think mheg is a red herring. 7 day epg has worked for years until sky NZ moved all channels on this transponder to mpeg-4. All others are mpeg-2 still but I believe sky is looking to change totally to mpeg-4 and release some of the transponders on Optus d1 when the contract expires. I plugged in their stb and the 7 day epg is there but I don’t know where it is coming from. It’s a real pain trying to set up recordings.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Someone on another forum in NZ was kind enough to share a .conf to add Optus D1 160e to OpenTV providers. I was then able to setup Crossepg to download the epg info and all is now good.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tkr001 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (27-06-18),Andy_Hazza (27-06-18)

Title
    Thanks

No 7 Day EPG on single transponder

What is wrong with the current one in CrossEPG? What needs to be changed?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    What is wrong with the current one in CrossEPG? What needs to be changed?
    There isn’t one for 160e

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    There isn’t one for 160e
    If you supply it, then it could be added to the existing list of

Optusc1 on 156e
    Sky Italia on 13e
    Sky UK on 28.2e

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast