Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plugin feed offline

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vatovey View Post
    Is there any way I can copy CrossEPG from another fully configured box I have which is also on v5.4.016 ?

Got a copy of MGCamD from https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/softcams/

I've also just copied blue-hd over from usr/share/engima2 - and all good.

If not, is there anywhere I can download CrossEPG from Huevos ?
    You don't need Cross. OpenTV downloader is built in to the 5.4 image.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I have a Duo 4k SE, and a Solo 4K.

Solo 4K is the box I've just rebuilt after testing Vix v6.0 on it for a few weeks - I did make an image backup prior to installing v6.0 on my box, but the for life of me I'm unable to find the file on my pc, must have mistakenly deleted it.

I'll see if I can copy the Cross EPG setup files across from my Duo 4K box.

Everything is working fine except not having CrossEPG.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Why do you specifically need crossepg? there are alternatives depending on your requirements
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Simply due to it being the EPG manager/downloader which I know how to use tbh.

I did try the other embedded EPG manager/downloader, EGP importer I think it was, but didn't find it that friendly and couldn't get it working properly.

I've just seen the OpenTV downloader, and that looks very simple to use, so will have a looksie at that.

Out of interest, what is generally considered the best EPG manager/downloader app ?, as it's probably time I move away from CrossEPG.
    Last edited by vatovey; 20-05-22 at 12:10.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It depends on what you are trying to achieve ie what providers
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    How can you be building 6.0. It does not exist anymore.

And Cross works fine in 6.2.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I downloaded it a while back, and flashed it just a few weeks back to see if I could my IPTV provider to play ball - but as explained above, no dice there.

Am on 28.2, and would be looking for Sky UK/FTA EPG data only, along with a scheduler in order to specify what days/time to pull down the latest data.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The OpenTV downloader requires very little configuring. You can set it to update every few hours so it will always be up to date. It comes as part of the image so no need to download any plugin

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, I've started using the OpenTV downloader, extremely straightforward to use, I think this will be my 'go to' EPG downloader from now on.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, much appreciated.

Hopefully my IPTV provider will get M3U playlists working at some point, then I can update to 6.x and run Xtreamity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12