Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Deleting Providers and Satellites

Title
    Thanks

Deleting Providers and Satellites

Hi, I am new to the world of satellites and need a little help, also please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong area.
    I have a Anadol 4K ECO V2 E2 satellite box with an OpenAtv image links to a dish for the Hellas 3/4 satellite at 39 E. I have a great number of unwanted Providers and also a listed Hotbird satellite how do I delete ALL the unwanted Providers, satellites and channels, I have tried resetting the box to factory level, re scan and set to clear before scanning, deleted all the information about the tuner, but nothing worked.
    Any ideas or help please, I would be very grateful.
    Does re-flashing the image help to clear everything back to basics again, so I can start again.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A reflash overwrites all info to setup from scratch again.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    You don't need to delete anything. Just set up your own bouquets from scratch.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    OK I will consider the advice given, however I would still like to know how I can delete. So if anyone knows how please share.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Just load a satellites.xml into /etc/enigma2 that only contains the satellites you want to receive.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you Huevos, that makes excellent sense, however I don't know how to do this, and not certain how to communicate with the box, what commands to issue, presumably via Telnet, so if you can help with some directions I am very pleased.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    You need to FTP to the receiver.

Step one (very important): use OpenViX image, especially if you want advice from this forum.

Then set up a password in Menu > Setup > Network > Password.

Next FTP to the receiver (using an FTP client like FileZilla) and send the satellites.xml file to /etc/enigma2. Then restart.

FileZilla tutorial here:
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adxmlHDim6c
    You need to know the IP address of your receiver to be able to FTP to it.
    You can get this from Menu > Information > Network.

You can get a custom satellites.xml file here:
    Code:
    http://satellites-xml.org/

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You said you are using OpenATV. You most probably said yes to installing the default channel list for 13e and 19.2e. You are most likely seeing what is in the lamedb file that was installed. Clear before scan only clears the transponders it scans. Any others stay on your system.

There are several ways to unravel this.

Option 1.

See this thread:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...Linux-commands

Paste this command exactly. Do not type as there is a risk of removing the enigma2 folder and you will find your receiver will keep restarting.
    Code:
    init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -f  /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3
    Option 2.
    Menu > Plugins> Red (remove plugins) > Settings > select Default sat or which ever ones you installed > confirm removal

Then, while no menus are showing, press Up (next to OK)> Green (reception lists/satellites) > Menu > Remove selected satellite > repeat for all satellites you want to remove. Alternatively, the factory reset options will allow you to remove the channel data

Irrespective of which method above you use, your tuner configuration needs to be double checked. I am reading your posts as your dish is fixed and pointed at 39e only. i.e it is not on a diseqc switch or motorised. But you have not said what your tuner configuration is. For tuner config to be correct, it must match what you physically have. So double check that your tuner configuration is correct. If you are not sure, post screenshots of what you have set it as.

Once you have done that, restart and scan using the manual scan option. You have more control of what to scan. You should only be offered options for satellites you have configured in tuner configuration.

Lastly, have you installed any plugins like Vhannibal's autosettings?

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for the detailed instructions, I will give it a go and see how things play out, I am always amazed at the level of expertise in this forum, thank you kindly.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for the reply, the tuner configuration is 'simple' and it is fine, I am confident this is as it should be. I have not installed a plugin Vhannibal's auto settings.
    I will have a go at what you recommend if the instructions above prove unworkable.
    Thank you very much for your kind help.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for the replies, I have now figured out how to delete a satellite, all is good.

Title
    Thanks
    I use another software for editing / deleting channels: DreamboxEDIT. Once you have set the IP of your box, the user name and the password of your box you can download the channels, edit them and upload the edited list again. It is written for Windows, but I also run it under Linux, using WINE.
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nekrub2 For This Useful Post:

Maggiesat (12-10-22)