Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Zgemma H11.s Crashing when using ABM

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H11.s Crashing when using ABM

Hi All,

I have a new Zgemma H11.s which i bought from World of satellite. I bought it with the latest VIX image pre installed. I got it up and running and it was working perfect up until 1 week ago. I woke up and the box was in a constant reboot.

I re flashed the Zgemma with the latest vix (using Online and the old USB method), i got the box up and running, I then went to scan the channels using ABM but as soon as i press start scanning the box restarts itself. Once the box came back up i then tried it again and the same problem. I have also noticed that when I press signal status i also get the same issue.

I have also tried different images and i get the same problem. Anything related to the tuner seems to crash the box. I have a logged a request with world of sat to return the box however they said this is a software issue rather than a hardware issue and asked me to post a article on the forum.

I have never seen this issue before, When the box restarts there is no green crash screen it is simply a restart.

Has anyone seen this issue before ?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harveybham View Post
    Hi All,

I have a new Zgemma H11.s which i bought from World of satellite. I bought it with the latest VIX image pre installed. I got it up and running and it was working perfect up until 1 week ago. I woke up and the box was in a constant reboot.

I re flashed the Zgemma with the latest vix (using Online and the old USB method), i got the box up and running, I then went to scan the channels using ABM but as soon as i press start scanning the box restarts itself. Once the box came back up i then tried it again and the same problem. I have also noticed that when I press signal status i also get the same issue.

I have also tried different images and i get the same problem. Anything related to the tuner seems to crash the box. I have a logged a request with world of sat to return the box however they said this is a software issue rather than a hardware issue and asked me to post a article on the forum.

I have never seen this issue before, When the box restarts there is no green crash screen it is simply a restart.

Has anyone seen this issue before ?

Thanks
    Crash logs?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The crash log will be stored in /home/root/logs Using an FTP program like Filezilla, copy it to your PC and then upload it to the forum. There is no need to zip it. If you are using IPTV, please ensure your credentials are not contained.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Sorry i should have uploaded them before starting the topic.
    I am unable to FTP to the box as it says incorrect details when trying to log in. I have tried Root for both username and password. I have also tried Root on its own for username and no password but I am not able to log into the box via FTP.
    Does anyone know what the creds are or am I able to change it (I am able to log in via Telnet)

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Go into the menu - Setup/Network/Password. Set a password there. Use root/password in your FTP client and you should be ok.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks I have managed to change it and I am now in via FTP.
    I have ran the scan again and waited for the box to crash, Looking in /home/root/logs the folder is empty and there are no logs at all.
    Is there any other location i should look for the logs ?

Screenshot 2022-10-03 113826.png

Title
    Thanks
    Have you enabled debug logs in the menu settings? They are not on by default. Crash logs will be in the /home/root/logs folder, though, so if you are not seeing any, then you haven't had a crash.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I have now enabled debug logs and I can see a log file being generated. I have replicated the issue. Please see the logs attached

Enigma2_debug_2022-10-03_11-56-02.log

Also when the box restarts after AMB fails it does not show the normal green screen crash, it simply restarts the box and flashes 3 times with the message HILICON (not sure if thats normal on the zgemma) and then starts openvix image again.

Title
    Thanks
    I am not seeing a restart/crash after running ABM in that log. Have you got the right log? To help time/identify things, I think it would be ideal for you to change the option in the logs settings menu so it shows "local time".

Does the receiver crash/reboot if you run ABM without a signal wire connected. I know it will fail.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Please see the latest crashlog with this email.

Also with no signal wire the box does not crash, it just says "unable to scan check satellite cable". It only seems to crash with the wire in the LNB input port

Enigma2_debug_2022-10-03_17-17-32.log

Title
    Thanks
    I don't see any transponder tuned in either of those debug logs (they are not crash logs). Do you have your tuner configured correctly? I presume you are physically connected to a dish/LNB pointing at 28.2E? Can you screenshot your tuner configuration, please?

Title
    Thanks
    If it were a software issue, there would be a crashlog generated. Given your statement " I have also noticed that when I press signal status i also get the same issue", in my opinion, a short-circuit protection is kicking in. Box is just rebooting instead of crashing. There might a fault in the tuner or the the wiring/LNB or maybe the PSU not supplying enough power. I presume you have checked for wires touching in the F-Plug as sometimes they unscrew and when you tighten them up, a loose braid may be causing a short circuit.

To rule out a software issue, you can start the receiver in console mode. Then perform a manual scan, single satellite. Do not use ABM for this. To start Enigma2 in console mode, issue the following commands one at a time in Putty. ( There is a guide in my signature if you need it)

init 4
    enigma2

You can then upload the log if you wish.

To restart, type:
    init 3

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    You are posting the wrong log.

1) Refresh the log folder (via Filezilla).
    2) Delete everything in the logs folder.
    3) Reboot the Zgemma.
    4) Run ABM.
    5) Refresh log folder again.
    6) Collect the debug log from the Zgemma.
    7) Check the log contains text about AutoBuquetsMaker. If it doesn't it is the wrong log.
    7) Once you are certain it is the correct log post it on here.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi All,

I figured out the issue. Its an issue with my LNB or wiring from the dish (maybe water issue or something else)

I took the box to another house and it worked with no issues. As soon as i bought the box home it stopped working and restarted.

I am thinking now somehow the box is getting short circuited and causing it to restart. I have other satellite connections in the house such as a freesat tv and that seems to work fine. Maybe the Zgemma are sensitive to an issue.

Its good the box is working now its down to me to figure out what is wrong, Hopefully all it takes is a fresh LNB (it is 10+ years old now)

Thanks to all who helped. This post can be marked as solved

Title
    Thanks
    @abu pointed out the possibility of a cable short which was tripping the protection circuit in post #12. I was curious why there was no transponder tuned (shown in the logs). Now you know the answer. Even a single stray "hair" of the braid in the satellite cable will cause a short if it touches the centre conductor. The box needs to supply 13V to 18V DC on the cable to power the LNB. It's unlikely you will have to change the LNB, unless the cover has failed and is allowing water ingress. More likely the cable itself has an issue. If water IS getting into the cable at the LNB end it can travel down the cable and corrode the connector at the box. Check both ends of each cable coming from the LNB.