Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Hill (Preston Area)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    BTW, I really don't think you should base your choice of image on a skin. The skin is just a decoration.

And if you like the skin so much make it compatible with ViX.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Re-flashed to OpenATV, ran ABM with extra debug (lamedb and log files in initial folder),
    then ran second test after replacing provider file (lamedb and log files in newfile folder),

still the same, epg shows made in Liverpool, when selected no signal because i need Thats Lancashire.
    but still if I press Channel Up, Green (satellites/extended), Terrestrial Services Thats Lancashire is there.

I think there needs to be 3 Winter Hill selections, WH- Liverpool, WH- Manchester, WH- Lancashire

Thanks for everyone's persistent help with this

Warren

scans.zip

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wasp For This Useful Post:

Huevos (09-07-18)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Is it only this local channel that is a problem?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Is it only this local channel that is a problem?
    That is the main issue, But with the normal winter hill config a few of the hd (bbc 4 hd, ch4+1 hd, 4/7 hd, bbc news hd) cannot be received.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Here is an updated xml file. Be sure to delete the providers cache before running ABM. Local channel issue needs to be looked at further. We'll need raw transport stream recordings.
    Attached Files Attached Files

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

wasp (09-07-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Here is an updated xml file. Be sure to delete the providers cache before running ABM. Local channel issue needs to be looked at further. We'll need raw transport stream recordings.
    Many thanks, thats sorted the HD issues,
    Is there a way to swap the channel with custom_mix,
    I just need to swap "Made in Liverpool" in the bouquet with "That's Lancashire" from Channel Up, Green (satellites/extended), Terrestrial Services
    Like i have already said I need step by step instructions please (if it is possible)
    If I knew how to, i would provide raw transport stream recordings but i haven't a clue.....

Loads of thanks for all your assistance so far

Warren

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Try this file. Select the relevant area and do a scan. Try the other areas too.

e.g. Area: Winter Hill (Lancashire).
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

wasp (09-07-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Try this file. Select the relevant area and do a scan. Try the other areas too.

e.g. Area: Winter Hill (Lancashire).
    Superb!!!! you're a legend

Working like a dream, I cannot check the other areas as i don't receive a signal for them
    maybe LraiZer could check the liverpool selection?

Many, Many Thanks
    Warren

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    You can still check them and see how the bouquet looks even if you can't receive those channels.

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs up

You can still check them and see how the bouquet looks even if you can't receive those channels.
    Just rescanned with Winter Hill (Manchester) all looks fine then did (Liverpool) and all looks fine too.

I'd say job well done

Thanks for all you're efforts

Warren

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I made a couple ts recordings that may be of use to you with testing this?

winter_hill_liverpool_petal_754_H_8000.ts (130.2 MB)
    Code:
    https://mega.nz/#!LrBkXSTA!7qLJr_hIdF0dSOLJKknBnDzcnG6iNdc9o9N9Pj7-_fM
    winter_hill_706_H_8000.ts (347.2 MB)
    Code:
    https://mega.nz/#!PjJyiIRC!j8kxS4Y4qC4uJl2N_g34UuKgzEzzQOjqyfNLH16rUGQ

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (10-07-18),Huevos (10-07-18)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    I made a couple ts recordings that may be of use to you with testing this?
    Thanks! Have you looked at those yourself?

There is only one Network ID (North West). So, as far as I can see no way to differentiate between the different versions of 754 MHz, when doing a home transponder scan of 706 MHz.

My assumption is a Freeview TV scan only works because it is not a home transponder scan. Instead it scans every transponder and only saves channels that exist in "SDT actual" on each receivable transponder, and completely ignores "SDT other", which is fine on a multi-transponder scan, but no good for a fast scan of a single transponder.

Any ideas on this? Needs to be something that can be applied globally and automatically, not just a hack to fix just this mast.

For the time being I added this: https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB...fb5673b06c6b23

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks! Have you looked at those yourself?

There is only one Network ID (North West). So, as far as I can see no way to differentiate between the different versions of 754 MHz, when doing a home transponder scan of 706 MHz.

My assumption is a Freeview TV scan only works because it is not a home transponder scan. Instead it scans every transponder and only saves channels that exist in "SDT actual" on each receivable transponder, and completely ignores "SDT other", which is fine on a multi-transponder scan, but no good for a fast scan of a single transponder.

Any ideas on this? Needs to be something that can be applied globally and automatically, not just a hack to fix just this mast.
    Ive only had a quick look as i don't currently have a STB available that is able to connect to Freeview right now, just used TSreader and my TBS5520 to have a quick look though.

If you use the Local Mux L which is 754 for winter hill for scanning, you should be able detect that only the correct locals are on the actual Table_ID: 0x42 and the incorrect locals are on other Table_ID: 0x46 for that given region?
    Last edited by LraiZer; 10-07-18 at 19:06. Reason: typo

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Yes, but you still need a hack to tell it to skip the other 2 TSIDs. Also that logic can only be applied if there is only one local mux. Anyway, thanks for looking.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    <configuration key="winter_hill________" frequency="706000000">Winter Hill</configuration>
    <configuration key="winter_hill_local__" frequency="754000000">Winter Hill Local</configuration>

I am suggesting that you could maybe investigate to see if it is possible to automatically prioritize service lcn positions for the services found on the configuration freq. This is not a mast specific hack it is a generalizaion.

Say you tune to for eg. freq 754 for winter hill local configuration instead of winter hill home freq 706. This freq 754 signal you are tuned to should be the correct one for your local mux from the directional petal for your region. This should contain only your correct locals on SDT 0x42 and the wrong ones on SDT 0x46.

When you read and assign the LCN's for services, the priority for each LCN position could be given to services found on the actual TABLE_ID 0x42 on the freq you are scanning over services found on the other TABLE_ID 0x46.

Services found on SDT 0x42 should overrule services found on SDT 0x46 in your LCN list?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast