Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sending parcel from UK to ROI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @fat-tony can you clarify on the addressPal that you used please,do all i need to do is send my addressPal details to the person i am buying it off and is is it collected from them or where is it left and any fees needed to be paid their side to get it posted.
    I know i have to pay a collection fee at post office as thats my assigned collection point.
    Many Thanks as might help a few others also.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You give your addresspal address to the sender and they post/courier the box to that address. Addresspal will take it from Hatfield and it will end up at your chosen P.O. and then you will receive an sms & email to collect. It is critical that the AP code is used on the address. You pay €3.95 cash at the post office when collecting. You can also get it delivered direct to your home for a higher fee.

It won't cost the sender any different than posting to any other UK address.
    Last edited by ronand; 23-11-20 at 18:31.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

cactikid (23-11-20),Joe_90 (24-11-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No point in getting sent to home as not there and would miss them.So they drop it into their post office i take it?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yep. Just make sure to use the correct address - Post Office/Collection Point
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

cactikid (23-11-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @ronand yes i have it on my saved contact many thanks might save some heartache at both ends,Many Thanks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

ronand (23-11-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just had an email off them as expecting a prize from UK and e7.49 was deducted from my account,wonder if i will be paying more for collection at post office?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've no idea what you are on about. Is this the website you were on h**s://addresspal.anpost.ie/ ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

cactikid (23-11-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @ronand yes them as as a prize i won was getting sent over by them dearer than they said on signing up.

Ahh found the pricing page which say 2.5kg is e7.49 from uk as forgot size and weight alters the price.
    Last edited by cactikid; 23-11-20 at 21:57.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You have definitely lost me. Its €3.95 for up to 20kg.

Edit - you are looking at the home delivery prices - ignore them

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

cactikid (23-11-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I lost myself as address is my local post office,ahh scrolled down yes i was looking at wrong one and now see post office ,Cheers again

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    @cactikid - sorry only seeing this now, but @ronand answered the query fully.
    Adresspal has changed their whole setup and pricing model as a result of the UK leaving the EU on Jan 1st next

When I (and probably ronand) signed up for Addresspal originally, I just provided my name/address and email and phone number to An Post. I got a drop address in the UK so that I can use it when shopping on a website to avail of free delivery in the UK or provide a cheaper alternative to sellers to courier items to. Then, once or twice a week, the parcels are collected from the UK and delivered to my local Post Office. When they arrive I get a text/email from An Post to say the goods have arrived. I go down, pay my €3.95 and collect the goodies!

From Jan 1st, the UK becomes the same as the US from a duty/VAT point of view, so An Post require you to register a payment card of some sort so they can extract the relevant VAT (and duty if applicable) and charge you a service fee for so doing. The also give you the option of home delivery which was only available in the past for their US Addresspal. The An Post website for Addresspal is a model of how to communicate these changes very badly...
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (24-11-20),ronand (24-11-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    The An Post website for Addresspal is a model of how to communicate these changes very badly...
    You should see the comms from the UK company that handles the packages in Hatfield - thats another story. I got an email from them because the clown that posted the package in the first place couldn't write the AP number on it. Addresspal were trying to track who the parcel was for as there seemingly are a few of the same name on their system which is fair enough. Their email was just a copy/paste of logos and embedded links and non-working email addresses and just looked like a scam. But the package did arrive and addresspal has saved me a few quid over the fast few years. I got 100m of rg58 coax over for €3.95 but it cost €9 to send 10m of it to a friend in Athlone.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (24-11-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12