Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Got one?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    I would highly recommend the blade bm7000s you can download channel lists directly from there server and has a 7 day epg for the uk

and has a very good HD and SD image
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

ibrahim63400 (13-12-11)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi bassethound,

Does the blade download the EPG data itself or is it the same as all the non-linux receivers that need tuning to the IEPG channel to get the EPG data each time you boot up?

Cheers,
    mcquaim

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    i dunno if its being developed or not now mate

i asked for an ETA on it and had my thread closed and told to basically piss off and stop complaining

btw this was on the official forum not here
    thanks for the update silverfox tbh if they don`t bring out a tv list/editor before the new year i will punt my box! it is the only thing that lets the box down,and i might be being petty but i have other hd recievers (cheaper and more expensive)that provide this.the only draw to this apart from the price was the fact it could be hid behind your tv with a magic eye for your remote,but for me this is not a major factor.id rather have an editor/tv list than a hidden box

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
    Hi bassethound,

Does the blade download the EPG data itself or is it the same as all the non-linux receivers that need tuning to the IEPG channel to get the EPG data each time you boot up?

Cheers,
    mcquaim
    You can set the box to wake it self up at any time and to start on any channel you want ie IEPG channel so the 7 day epg loaded and ready

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (14-12-11)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers, that is a nice little feature alright.. If it goes back into standby is it then lost again?

A non-linux box that has a feature like this and could save the EPG data to a USB stick would clean up, wonder why this hasn't been developed...

Thanks,
    mcquaim

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes looses the epg once it goes to standby

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (14-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Got one of these today.

Very smooth and quick order and delivery to NI from Sponsor (Ordered late Sunday night, delivered before 13:00 Tues.....) Top marks WOS!

Got it to convert an old wall-mounted analogue LCD Flatscreen before digital switchover.

First impressions good and will post a fuller review of how I got on with setup etc. when I get a chance, within the next couple of days.

Cheers, Pathfinder
    Regards, Pathfinder

VU+ Duo; Eaglebox HD Mini; Ferguson Ariva 102 mini

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pathfinder For This Useful Post:

bassethound (11-01-12),mcquaim (11-01-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My opinion is that this could be a great little box but the support for the patches has let it down.. To date very little has been released for this box but hopefully this will progress a bit quicker!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

pathfinder (11-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
    My opinion is that this could be a great little box but the support for the patches has let it down.. To date very little has been released for this box but hopefully this will progress a bit quicker!
    i have to disagree with you there...

what do patches do?... they fix minor bugs as and when they occur or are found.
    they dont and wont come every 5 mins

As a hd budget box to use for watching TV in true HD 1080p is a cracking box and does what its required to do

just that it dont have any of the fancy tinsel and thats not a bad thing as after all its a SATELLITE Reciver
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    i have to disagree with you there...

what do patches do?... they fix minor bugs as and when they occur or are found.
    they dont and wont come every 5 mins

As a hd budget box to use for watching TV in true HD 1080p is a cracking box and does what its required to do

just that it dont have any of the fancy tinsel and thats not a bad thing as after all its a SATELLITE Reciver

I have to agree with you there mate, first and foremost this is a satellite receiver, intended for people to watch satellite TV an job that it does rather well too. any other functions are a added bonus and while appreciated they are to be taken just as that a bonus.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I just wish they would pull out there finger and sort out a channel editor its the only thing thats really missing from the box

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    I just wish they would pull out there finger and sort out a channel editor its the only thing thats really missing from the box
    yep waiting patiently so much so that even speaking the first letter of channel editor gets yr head ripped off by alsat lakies
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    lol i have given up daring to ask any questions on there been banned to often

i would rather crawl across the M6 backwards in rush hour that face a telling off/banning from the bittbull admins other there

Title
    Thanks
    OK, so I've got it installed and working now.

The TV is a Phillips 32PF5320 LCD HD Ready TV (bought in 2006) which was already wall mounted close to a double electrical socket and Coax single cable supply.

To get a sat feed to the TV from my dish (with quad LNB) using the single coax and rather than run a second cable to the roof space and down to the room I used a pair of sat/tv combiner units - one to combine nearest the dish and one to separate again at the Philips TV.......this has worked perfect with strong signals on both sat and also digital Freeview TV via a TVONICS miniature digital TV tuner I already had (that's stuck to the TV as well).

I used a pair of TP-Link powerline plugs to provide the internet connection to the sat box. With one of the two available sockets used up, I needed some more power sockets at the TV on the wall so just used a 4-plug strip which I stuck behind the TV.

The Phillips TV has a DVI input not HDMI, so while I do have a DVI-HDMI converter plug it just carries the picture not sound, so that was my first fail. I could workaround this by probably using a cable to connect the standard AV output from the Eaglebox to the audio input of TV as well as the HDMI-DVI Converter, but decided to just use the SD AV cable provided with the Eaglebox. Picture quality is still pretty good with this, so it will do for now.

If you have a HDMI connection on your TV, you will not have an issue and the fact that a HDMI cable is supplied in the box is a bonus.

I then connected the IR remote eye to the bottom of the TV and with everything connected powered up.

Used the menu system to select Astra/Euro 1 to start with and pressed blue button for a scan. It quickly pulled in the channels, although the transponder listing must be a bit out of date as it did not pull everything expected ... e.g. BBC HD and BBC1 HD, but it did pull in the ITV HD channnels. Adding the additional transponders or downloading a newer software if there is one, I'm sure will fix that.

Picture quality very good and the box is doing what I wanted it to do. The fan is a bit nosier than I would have liked, but not a showstopper. The Eaglebox is not getting too hot in use, so the fan is doing its job.

Overall, happy so far.............

Pathfinder
    Regards, Pathfinder

Title
    Thanks
    OK found network search option in satellite scan......That should add the latest transponders.........
    Regards, Pathfinder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast