Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sharing recordings from usb hd on Formuler 1 (server) to h55 plus (client) via client mode

Title
    Thanks

Sharing recordings from usb hd on Formuler 1 (server) to h55 plus (client) via client mode

Apologies for the novice question but I have done a lot of research and can't find a way to do the following:
    My main (server) box is a Formuler 1 with a USB HD attached for recordings etc, and it works fine with Openvix 6.2.005
    My client box is a Zgemma H55 plus that is running Openvix 6.2.005 and I cannot see the Formuler box from the client box.
    The EPG and channels work fine on the client box.
    "Use as Hard Drive replacement" is set in the configuration of the mount from the client box.

The question is, what needs to be running on the server box to enable the client to "see" the recordings on the USB hard drive that's attached to the server box.

I tried adding NFS to both boxes and no matter what I do, I can't see the server box from the Network Browser on the client, but I have created a network mount on the client box with Autofs and NFS on the client side, and it looks correct, but doesn't work (presumably as I can't see the server box in the network browser in the first place).

Am I missing something on the server box to "enable sharing" of the folder with the recordings on the server side, so that the client side can access it?
    Presumably, a network mount is only needed on the client side, not on the server side?
    Both boxes have the same password.

Thanks a lot

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Client mode uses http/ftp, not nfs.

Please post a screenshot of your client mode setup.

Are both boxes connected to the LAN?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply Huevos.
    I have attached 2 screenshots below:
    Both boxes are working fine on the same wired LAN

20220625_125035.jpg20220625_125104.jpg

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    You are posting pictures of your NFS setup. Client mode is nothing so do with NFS as stated above. Please explain what you think "client mode" is.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, here it is:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by conorg; 25-06-22 at 13:44.

Title
    Thanks
    I have it working now - thanks for having directed my focus