Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for future releases.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by im85288 View Post
    Works quite well for me, using an xtrend 9000 box with latest vix image. The only annoying part is that just like normal pip, you cannot watch a hd channel and get the sound from a sd channel. But sd to sd is fine, got a match on now with radio 5 commentary.

I think with the ET9200, this may work perfectly as they sorted out the hd to hd pip (I think!)
    Yup, it appears rather good. I can watch Eurosport SD from Astra 1 with the English soundtrack from Eurosport Biava on Hotbird.
    Presumably I could also watch F1 from RTL with the Radio 5Live commentary.

Title
    Thanks
    I was thinking about the online audio option and although I have no programming knowledge to make tv apps, it seems some of the leg work has been done. There are Internet radio audio apps, so it surly would just be a case of feed in the main sports radio stations, allow the user to select the app when watching the tv, which mutes the tv audio and replaces it with the net radio feed.

I'm my mind seems logical - however maybe it's asking way too much.

Title
    Thanks
    Going back to the subject of the thread. Would it be possible to show the bit rate of a particular channel on the information panel that you get when you press the OK button?

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A great feature I think VIX could shine with...

Its nice you can choose the default tuner but taking that one step further I'd like to see the default tuner be free'd up until the last minute...

eg. I have 3 tuners, A & B are static on 28E, C is motorised

I set C to be my default tuner

When I decide to record a channel on 28E, tuner C is automatically taken up to record the desired program

The problem now is I can't watch any other sats even though tuner A & B are free...

It would be great if the motorised tuner was kept free until needed thus allowing you to still have your choice of sats while programs are being recorded on other tuners!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @Sandman

There is an option in Customise in the setup to allow you to set your preferred tuner. If you choose A or B would that then free up your motorised tuner C?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

Sandman (23-03-12)

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
    @Sandman

There is an option in Customise in the setup to allow you to set your preferred tuner. If you choose A or B would that then free up your motorised tuner C?
    How blazingly obvious is that eh?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (23-03-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I really suggest to use 'auto'. That will also free the motorised dish as much as possible.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    As the inbuilt video scaler gives a rather poor performance can we have a defeat option please?
    For example, a 544x576 SD program gets output as 576i on the HDMI output and a 1080i HD gets output as 1080i.
    This would allow HD tv's or HD projectors to do the scaling or even the use of an external scaler to improve the SD picture quality
    Cheers,
    Gavin
    JVC DLA-HD350 - Home Cinema Bros. Anamorphic lens - 106" 2.35:1 screen - Lumagen 3D Scaler - Marantz AV7005 - ADA MPA501 - Rotel RB985 THX - OPPO BDP-103 - Mission 753, 77C, 773, 77DS - BK XXLS400 - VU+ Duo

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The 'video-scaler' most certainly has no poor quality; on the contrary. Most cases of 'bad picture quality' are caused by bad, non standard settings of the box and by all kind of 'video-enhancers' in TV's set to active.

But if you use the autoresolution plugin you can leave the scaling to the TV. Also in that case all 'enhancement' of the TV should be de-activated.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    .....or to a second box.

BTW: heard that the ET9x00 support the PiP sent to scart.
    Can someone advise me how to get the second tuner to route to another box as Rob states above.... i have duo in my main room and a solo in the my other room both running latest version of Vix. Sounds like an interesting feature

Title
    Thanks
    Been using plugin called partner box for this for last year to use the motorised tuner off my et9000 to my solo upstairs. Works a treat

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deckymckeown View Post
    Can someone advise me how to get the second tuner to route to another box as Rob states above.... i have duo in my main room and a solo in the my other room both running latest version of Vix. Sounds like an interesting feature
    Quote Originally Posted by irishchris View Post
    Been using plugin called partner box for this for last year to use the motorised tuner off my et9000 to my solo upstairs. Works a treat.
    Indeed: Partnerbox is the way to go then.
    Or even better: URL-streaming is now also possible. Just make a bouquet (I named it 'remote') with the channels of the mainbox. Yhat way you can zap directly, instead of the more difficult way via Partnerbox.

An example of such a bouquet is attached. Be aware that no settingseditor is (yet?) capable of handling that. So you should use an editor to make an empty bouquet, and use an editor to fill in the settings in that file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

machare (31-03-12),Mr. Mister (30-03-12),nasre (30-01-13),RogerThis (21-04-12),Shame (01-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    The 'video-scaler' most certainly has no poor quality; on the contrary. Most cases of 'bad picture quality' are caused by bad, non standard settings of the box and by all kind of 'video-enhancers' in TV's set to active.

But if you use the autoresolution plugin you can leave the scaling to the TV. Also in that case all 'enhancement' of the TV should be de-activated.
    Hi Rob,

Trust me on a 106" screen it does look terrrible! When the Duo is scaling an SD 4:3 broadcast up to 1080i 16:9 there are concentric rings round a bright point fading out as they get further away.
    Setting the output to 567i and scaling externally eliminates this completely.
    Cheers,
    Gavin
    JVC DLA-HD350 - Home Cinema Bros. Anamorphic lens - 106" 2.35:1 screen - Lumagen 3D Scaler - Marantz AV7005 - ADA MPA501 - Rotel RB985 THX - OPPO BDP-103 - Mission 753, 77C, 773, 77DS - BK XXLS400 - VU+ Duo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I wish I had a 106 incher!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gedclarke For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (31-03-12)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gedclarke View Post