Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Iptv 4K playback problem

Title
    Thanks

Iptv 4K playback problem

Hi, I have a VU+Ultimo 4K box running an iptv sub through the Xstream plugin. Channels play fine but the iptv provider has lots of 4K VOD content but these files will not play, I get audio only but no picture. The normal non 4K VOD content plays perfectly. I was wondering if there was a setting I am missing somewhere to get the 4K stuff to play correctly or if this is not supported in this image. Any help appreciated.
    Thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    which codec is used for 4K? The Ultimo4K does not play h264 with a resolution of more than 1920x1080. The Duo4K can play h264 4K.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taximonkey View Post
    Hi, I have a VU+Ultimo 4K box running an iptv sub through the Xstream plugin. Channels play fine but the iptv provider has lots of 4K VOD content but these files will not play, I get audio only but no picture. The normal non 4K VOD content plays perfectly. I was wondering if there was a setting I am missing somewhere to get the 4K stuff to play correctly or if this is not supported in this image. Any help appreciated.
    Thank you
    It will most likely be the limitation of the box, even though it’s a premium box. I have a Zgemma H9S and an Octagon SF8008 and they plays 4K content no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    4K is not 4K. You get it as h264 and h265. So if you say 4K without any problem you should also add if also h264 and VP9 is meant.

Ralf
    Last edited by Trial; 16-02-20 at 18:10.
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hi im not sure what format the 4k content is being broadcast in, but it makes sense that the limitation is down to the hardware capabilities of the box.
    Like Andy says it is a premium box so I just assumed it would play all files no problem with it being a 4K box.
    Thanks guys

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You could try switching between Gstreamer and Ext player, 4097 and 5002 to see if that makes any difference. I manage to play some 4K on my Ultimo4K, like NASA UHD but not sure what codec they use.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I just went to try that but it looks like all the VOD movies and VOD series are down at the moment nothing will play apart from the normal channels movies documentaries music etc.
    I will give it another try later.
    Thanks