Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Box crashes when exiting out of record button menu

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: Box crashes when exiting out of record button menu

Title
    Thanks

Box crashes when exiting out of record button menu

When watching a channel press the down arrow to bring up your bouquet. Press the record button on something already recording. If I then press the exit button instead of selecting “Stop recording now” or “Record next” then the box will crash. This happens 100% of the time.

Log: Log - Box crashes when press record on already recording programme then press exit & can't recor.log

I don't know if this will show in the above log but another bug is that when watching a channel I press the down arrow to bring up my custom bouquet then I go to BBC One HD and press the EPG button. It shows me the EPG for BBC Two HD instead of the EPG for BBC One HD. I'm using CrossEPG 0.8.7. I'm using the exact same EPG settings as I do on a different box with my 5.3.039 image but I'm only getting this problem on my 5.4.001 image.

When watching a channel if I press the EPG button to show the grid EPG thing then it shows the correct EPG for BBC One HD.
    Last edited by SkyFan; 27-10-20 at 20:22.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SkyFan For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The gremlin with the epg has been there for a while in the 5.3 images too. It won't show the epg for the currently selected channel sometimes. Its nothing to do with crossepg - that only fetches the data.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Can confirm the crash, live tv/down button/select bouquet/highlight programme that's recording/press record and then exit.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    .... doesn't crash on 5.3.039

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Well that was a tricky bugger to find, but it seems it's already been fixed in Dev by https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/ba70a898e23ffda2b7d5bc058226bc6f5534a2dd

Vaguely related, from this popup, when you choose Stop recording now, you get a buggy confirmation popup that
    - looks terrible in Vix Dark and 1080 skins
    - seems to crash when pressing exit (I can't guarantee I'm absolutely running the exact release code now), and I suspect has been crashy for a year or so.

Could someone else check this please: Get something recording, select it in the channel list, press record, in the popup menu pick <em>Stop recording now</em>, then when it asks if you really really want to stop recording, press exit. Crash.

I propose we remove it rather than fix it because you don't get asked for confirmation from similar popup menus on the EPG screens for currently running timers.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I can confirm that exit crash. I am using 5.4 002.10 Developer image. However, it works fine in timer list, so maybe fixing it can be reconsidered?