Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITV Stopped Recording - Has Zero Filesize

Title
    Thanks

Question ITV Stopped Recording - Has Zero Filesize

Yesterday and today ITV London HD didn't record anything. The files had a zero file size. This happened on a normal timer on my VU+ Duo 2 box and on a manually created repeating timer on my Tiviar Alpha+ box. I cancelled the timer on the Tiviar box that was recording just now which had a zero file size then I just pressed the record button to record the live channel and the file had a normal file size again.

Nothing was recording on my VU+ Duo 2 box so I just added another recording for ITV to record whatever was currently live and that file had a normal file size again. So I'm confused as to why only Emmerdale and Coronation Street at 7pm, 7.30pm and 8.30pm didn't record yesterday and today?

Is there a log I can provide to find out why they didn't record?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ITV London HD went off yesterday. Looks like transponder change or something. Run autobouquet maker and it will be back

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Not just ITV London, others on 28.2 did too.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. I did a scan and updated the provider files. I notice that I've got a repeated timer for ITV News at 10pm but it's not showing the timer icon in the EPG for that programme like it normally does but if I press the record button on another programme then that timer icon shows.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Title
    Thanks
    Autotimers and Timers are set based on service references. If the service reference no longer exists, you will have to create new ones or edit existing ones.

Using GUI:
    Click on edit, highlight channel, press OK, select new channel.
    Make sure you don't select the one with old service reference, name will be the same.

Using text editor:
    stop E2 with "init 4" command, edit the autotimer.xml and timers. xml by changing service reference, save, transfer back, restart with "init 3" command.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    I think the less technically able can just edit the timers / autotimers in the usual way and delete the old (now with a blank name) service and insert the new one.

Suggestion: Fix it so the name isn't blank but instead is something like <undefined> or <no longer valid>.
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 29-09-20 at 23:43.

Title
    Thanks

ITV Stopped Recording - Has Zero Filesize

Yes, click on edit, highlight channel, press OK, select new channel. Hopefully they don't select the one with old service reference.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

SkyFan (30-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Yep, I can confirm that ITV HD London seems to have changed its service reference. A long running AutoTimer recorded a zero-length episode of Coronation street yesterday (Monday) at 19.30. I spotted it just after 8pm, so was able to catch the ITV+1 version. I checked the EPG and discovered that none of the subsequent recording events was appearing for the remainder of the week. I subsequently deleted the AutoTimer (and all associated recordings) and I set up anew from the EPG. Soap heaven restored...
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

SkyFan (30-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Only three changes as far as I can tell.

ITV London HD 1:0:19:13F2:7F2:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
    ITV Meridian South HD 1:0:19:13F3:7F2:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
    ITV Central West HD 1:0:19:13F5:7E8:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (30-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    OK previous issues have been fixed. However today ITV 4 HD isn't showing a picture on my box. ITV 2 HD and ITV 3 HD however do have a picture. I've done a AutoBouquetsMaker scan.

Different subject but I noticed Comedy Central HD can now be seen on my freesat box. When did that happen?
    Last edited by SkyFan; 01-10-20 at 19:13.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    However today ITV 4 HD isn't showing a picture on my box. ITV 2 HD and ITV 3 HD however do have a picture. I've done a AutoBouquetsMaker scan.
    See here about ITV 4 HD. I don't know why your search on forum did not find it.
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...D-Channel-Swap

Different subject but I noticed Comedy Central HD can now be seen on my freesat box. When did that happen?
    There were some changes today because Disney went online only. Best to contact Freesat if they don't fix it in a few days. They will have to sort out their satellite data that affects their boxes.

Title
    Thanks
    I read that but I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do to fix it so I can watch ITV4 HD?

I think you misread my Comedy Central HD comment. Being able to watch the channel on my box is a good thing so there's no reason why I would complain to freesat.

Title
    Thanks
    I read that but I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do to fix it so I can watch ITV4 HD?
    You cannot fix it. If you could, you will be everyone's hero. You have to use the official box from Sky for now

They are using the Sky encryption which ties it to the offcial box.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You cannot fix it. If you could, you will be everyone's hero. You have to use the official box from Sky for now
    OK thanks. So are we never again going to be able to view ITV 4 HD on a freesat box?

Why would they only block ITV 4 HD and not ITV 2 HD and ITV 3 HD? Seems a bit odd.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ITV2 & 3 HD were hardware paired at one stage and it was reversed. Odd is an understatement.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast