Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for future releases.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Indeed: Partnerbox is the way to go then.
    Or even better: URL-streaming is now also possible. Just make a bouquet (I named it 'remote') with the channels of the mainbox. Yhat way you can zap directly, instead of the more difficult way via Partnerbox.

An example of such a bouquet is attached. Be aware that no settingseditor is (yet?) capable of handling that. So you should use an editor to make an empty bouquet, and use an editor to fill in the settings in that file.
    Thank you. It works nicely but DreamboxEdit hates the bouquet that I have created. DBE now wont transfer any settings to my PC! Is there a solution to this problem apart from copying/renaming the bouquet file on the receiver?

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Next release or future releases..

the Vu+ original or clone finder..

Its a plug-in that other images use.. but as far as i am aware.. Its not available on Vix..

Its a plugin that tells you if your box is a clone or an original..

Sorry if this is already available.. I just cant find the plugin,..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

wazza_2 (31-03-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by machare View Post
    Thank you. It works nicely but DreamboxEdit hates the bouquet that I have created. DBE now wont transfer any settings to my PC! Is there a solution to this problem apart from copying/renaming the bouquet file on the receiver?
    Hmmm, I only used an editor to send files to the box, not the other way around. What does DreamSet do?
    A work around might be to delete the bouquet manually before downloading to the PC and to add it again before uploading?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Hmmm, I only used an editor to send files to the box, not the other way around. What does DreamSet do?
    I could try that thank you.

A work around might be to delete the bouquet manually before downloading to the PC and to add it again before uploading?
    Yes, I think that I would need to keep the initial empty bouquet that I created with Dreamboxedit.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Indeed: Partnerbox is the way to go then.
    Or even better: URL-streaming is now also possible. Just make a bouquet (I named it 'remote') with the channels of the mainbox. Yhat way you can zap directly, instead of the more difficult way via Partnerbox.

An example of such a bouquet is attached. Be aware that no settingseditor is (yet?) capable of handling that. So you should use an editor to make an empty bouquet, and use an editor to fill in the settings in that file.
    This sounds very interesting. I currently use partnershipbox, but above sounds great, if i understand correctly. You are suggesting a new bouquet is added to 2nd box called "remote". This i have done with dreamboxedit. I looked at your uploaded file. The services all have the ip of your main box included? How is this achieved? When you zap to one of these services i assume it zaps to the main box service via ip address and service id?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    By the time I wrote my reply I had to make all entries in the bouquet by hand. And indeed: the first part is the IP-address of the server-box.
    But there's great news: a plugin has been made available to do all the nasty work in just a few seconds (see attached file). I'm using it now on several boxes, and it works great. Even DreamSet now understands all those settings!

Enjoy!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

givecredit (11-04-12),judge (11-04-12),mcquaim (11-04-12),Mr. Mister (11-04-12),Shame (01-09-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Guys,

Anyone know if the remote record plugin is working in the current versions of Vix.
    I didnt have any sucess with getting it to work.
    I tried a search but found nothing, any instructions anywhere.
    If not it would be nice to see it back.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    By the time I wrote my reply I had to make all entries in the bouquet by hand. And indeed: the first part is the IP-address of the server-box.
    But there's great news: a plugin has been made available to do all the nasty work in just a few seconds (see attached file). I'm using it now on several boxes, and it works great. Even DreamSet now understands all those settings!

Enjoy!
    Nice find Rob, works really well.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    is there any chance that system can update bouquet channels automatically to new frequencies. pain to do constant rescans. but more important want to maintain my own bouquet structure. Now that would be nice

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fintannl View Post
    is there any chance that system can update bouquet channels automatically to new frequencies. pain to do constant rescans. but more important want to maintain my own bouquet structure. Now that would be nice
    not like a sky box would if thats what you mean. you can however use a plugin such as the DBUK bouquet updater that connects to a database which is maintained for 28.2 east and updates it's bouquets from there at the press of a button, meaning your bouquet list is always as upto date as the database is.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fintannl View Post
    If you're talking about the copied bouquets: no.
    I do that by deleting them and use the copy-plugin again. Not to o much work.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Enjoy!
    Somehow I cannot install this. Latest Vix, put it in Var/Volitile/Tmp Then in menu/VIX i install local extension. Its says it is installing to root. GUI reboot and nothing...Where am i going wrong?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It shows up in Menu / Setup / Service Searching

Remote channel stream converter

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

givecredit (12-04-12),mcquaim (12-04-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is it possible to have duo`s and solo`s with no hard drives installed to do nothing when you press the record button,, Like some other images that say no hdd found, rather than fulling the flash of the box..
    Cheers..

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Enjoy!
    Just a warning, DreaamBoxEdit craps out when you use this plugin.
    Hopefully fixed in a future release.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast