Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New Smart 4k tv

Title
    Thanks

New Smart 4k tv

Hi

Just bought my kid a ps4 pro for his b'day. Looking to get him a telly to get the most out of it. budget around £600.
    I've seen these tvs below in high street known retailer, what do you think? or any suggestions welcome.
    Anyone know the lifespan of nano crystal tvs? & explain a bit about HDR etc & which would be best for gaming?

LG 49SJ810V 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
    SONY BRAVIA KD49XE8396 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
    PANASONIC TX-50EX700B 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

thankz

Title
    Thanks
    I just bought the 49sj810v for the bedroom no complaints for the price has wide colour gamut and Dolby vision and low input lag for gaming.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    I bought the the LG 49UJ670V before Xmas for my back room. Very please and comes with 5 year warranty from John Lewis. £478.00.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    yes Sicilian, I think the LG 49SJ810V must be the newer model, I prefer John Lewis but don't think they have this model ;-(

5. The Following User Says Thank You to icemen For This Useful Post:

dsayers (17-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Got mine from currys with free 5 year warranty

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

I recently bought this model but the 55". I haven't tried it on a PS4 pro but it makes sense to stick with Sony as playstation is Sony. I personally dont rate the HDR on the TV and sometimes watching TV i notice audio of sync maybe thats just me. The 4K quality is brilliant on netflix.
    The good thing is as with all modern Sony smart tvs is HDMI link with the PS4. My sons on a 2015 sony tv and he just presses the middle button on ps4 control pad and tv/5.1 sound system HDMI source everything turns on automatically and its set all set up ready to go! (need settnig up in ps4 settings first for this)
    Also there is all sorts of other features that can be linked up between a sony tv and a PS4. Benefit of them being the same make.
    Last edited by aldo2332; 18-01-18 at 14:31.

Title
    Thanks
    I recently bought a Sony KD-49XE9005 which had the best specification at the 49" screen size. If the room was larger I would have gone for a 55" OLED LG. As the screen sizes change so does the best technology, make, model and price. Other than special discounts offered every now and then by different shops/makes, you tend to get what you pay for. So I'd suggest you start from the screen size and then find which make offers the best performance. On the other hand if the budget is a more important constraint then you may have to settle for a smaller screen size to get a better performing TV.

Given the ps4 pro specifications I would suggest you push the boat out for 4K, HDR and ideally back-lit TV (like the Sony) to avoid light stripe artifacts of edge lit monitors. It may be a good idea to take the PSP to a shop and try out different TVs to find the best match for your budget.
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    Thanks
    Thinking to buy Samsung nu8000 it will be best for playing ps4 its resolution is amazing. but in 600 budget the ue50mu6120 is best

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I wouldn’t touch a Samsung with a barge pole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I wouldn’t touch a Samsung with a barge pole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are certainly not my favourite company, but it depends on what you are trying to accomplish and If you are buying a commodity LED TV they are hard to miss (they spend more on their total marketing budget than the rest put together)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    i brought the panasonic fab tv has now gone down 200 pounds

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by icemen View Post
    Hi

Just bought my kid a ps4 pro for his b'day. Looking to get him a telly to get the most out of it. budget around £600.
    I've seen these tvs below in high street known retailer, what do you think? or any suggestions welcome.
    Anyone know the lifespan of nano crystal tvs? & explain a bit about HDR etc & which would be best for gaming?

LG 49SJ810V 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
    PANASONIC TX-50EX700B 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

thankz
    I would suggest SONY BRAVIA KD49XE8396 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV. My son is using it with his PS4 without any problem.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    i brought the panasonic fab tv has now gone down 200 pounds
    I have had a very experience with panasonic in the past, i wish you the best