Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plugins no internet connection

Title
    Thanks

Plugins no internet connection

So, last night before I went to bed I tried one final time to flash the latest OpenVix to the box via the USB drive.

This time I removed the power cable, removed the Ethernet cable, popped the USB drive in one of the rear USB slots and re-inserted the power cable whilst holding in the up button. I kept the up button held for a minute or so but nothing happened other than the Mutant logo staying on the TV screen. I then repeated the process but this time started up pressing power button on front of the box for about a minute but yet again nothing happened other than the Mutant logo on the TV.

Annoyed yet again I turned off the TV and went to bed.

Today after getting home from work I turned on the TV and nearly fell over when I was presented with an OpenVix logo and what looked like a fresh install menu!! Not sure what happened I removed the USB, inserted the Ethernet cable and thus far I've managed to get internet working on the box per the screen image below.

It's nearly 4 years since I last set up this box so I've a lot of re-learning to do in terms of the 4 tuners, providers, EPG etc but for now I'm happy that the box at least appears to be live. Thanks guys for your help.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    IP address set to 0.0.0.0, and date is Friday 22 November 2019.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

BenEadir (11-12-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    No internet cable and so no Ip, but time clock?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

BenEadir (11-12-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I ran the internet connection set up again and this time it has updated the date and time so I do think it's back working.

Next step is to figure out how to set up the tuners, providers, blended EPG etc. It's been nearly 4 years since I did it last (which was also my first time) so I've got a lot of re-learning to do.

If i recall correctly there used to be a way to flash an Irish set up with UK FTA and Saorview channels all on one 7 day EPG etc. I don't suppose you (or anyone else) can point me in the right direction?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    First step is to give details of which tuners you have and what they're connected to.

Then it's over to someone else to advise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

BenEadir (11-12-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenEadir View Post
    I ran the internet connection set up again and this time it has updated the date and time so I do think it's back working.

Next step is to figure out how to set up the tuners, providers, blended EPG etc. It's been nearly 4 years since I did it last (which was also my first time) so I've got a lot of re-learning to do.

If i recall correctly there used to be a way to flash an Irish set up with UK FTA and Saorview channels all on one 7 day EPG etc. I don't suppose you (or anyone else) can point me in the right direction?
    Just out of curiosity can you type in Menu/Information/About and confirm which Image version is installed??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    First step is to give details of which tuners you have and what they're connected to.

Then it's over to someone else to advise.
    Thanks CCS.

So the box is alive (HDD still corrupt/dead) but things are looking up.

The tuners I have are:-

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Just out of curiosity can you type in Menu/Information/About and confirm which Image version is installed??
    It's V5.3.011

Its so long since I set up the box (almost 4 years) that I've completely forgotten what the process is but I'll do my homework and figure it out. I've 2 satellite receivers and 2 Saorview receivers which need to be set up and once they are and have been scanned etc I think the next step is to create a list of favourite channels from both satellite and Saorview feeds using AutoBouquetMaker and then get the 7 day EPG working. That's the basic plan but I'm sure it won't be as simple as that.

The good news is I now have the IP address of the box so OpenWebIf is working which should help.

The bad news is even in this new OpenVix image the PVR function immediately hangs when it tries to list the recordings on the HDD. I'm confident the HDD is either corrupt which a reformat might fix or is just knackered in which case I'll need to buy a replacement. If the latter any recommendations? Is it worth or even possible to use an SSD?

If I have to either reformat or remove the HDD is there a handy way to extract the stored content? Are the recordings going to be in a weird format which has to be converted before viewing? I'm thinking I could stick them on my NAS and watch via Plex.

Some other random questions:-

- What Primary and Secondary DNS should I use? The box currently uses a 192.168.X.X number. I'm familiar with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for the Google DNS
    but I guess they may not be appropriate for a sat box?

- What providers (Freesat, Sky, Sky ROI & Saorview) should I stick with for UK FTA (BBC, ITV, C4, Sky News etc) and Saorview channels?

- Do I need to use DreamBoxEdit for the channel bouquet? (I have this listed from 4 years ago as a useful tool)

- What plugins to I need or should install to make life easy and the experience as good as possible?

- What skin do people recommend? I used to have a Sly (Sky) type skin but I don't think it's supported or available any more.

Apologies the windy post. Any bit of input would be much appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Duplicated post :-(
    Last edited by BenEadir; 11-12-19 at 21:53.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Leave the IP address/network stuff at default values. There is a link on how to take screenshots in my signature if you need it. A lot better than pictures.

The golden rule of tuner configuration is: Tuner config must match what is hooked up to the tuners.
    So if you have a signal wire from a satellite dish pointing at 28.2 hooked up to a tuner, you tell it simple, single, 28.2
    If you have a signal wire from a Terrestrial aerial hooked up to the tuner, default of europe normally works for people. As RoI has lots of masts and repeaters, select your country and the mast you aerial points to.

You can use DreamboxEdit or any other editor Dreamset/E-Channelizer etc if you want to create/edit your bouquets. Don't edit ABM bouquets though.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BenEadir (12-12-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You should also disable Overscan on your TV. Good thing you took a picture instead of screenshot.

The recordings are just .ts files. You can play them with most media players.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BenEadir (12-12-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts

Plugins no internet connection

Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    No internet cable and so no Ip, but time clock?
    When the box is offline it starts with the date and time of the build (fake hw-clock).
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

twol (12-12-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    When the box is offline it starts with the date and time of the build (fake hw-clock).
    Didn‘t know that - is that a “fiddle“ to stop crashes i.e. the code expects a date/time??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Yep - I think so. I had (and still have) issues with the log dates on my HD51 (uses WiFi) which @birdman spent a lot of time helping me to troubleshoot after the code changes last year to support fake hw-clock. Anyway, that's for a separate topic!
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenEadir View Post
    I've an Asus RT-N66U which is dual band. It's a few years old now but was pretty top spec when I got it and I keep the firmware etc up to date so will make a list of the IP addresses then unplug the Ethernet cable from the HD2400 and see which IP address disappears from the router. I guess that would be one step in the right direction and I could then push on with either FTP or Putty with a bit more confidence.

I won't raise the white flag just yet!!
    So I managed to breathe life back into the box and set up the tuners which are working fine including EPG etc. The HDD still isn't working and hangs anytime I try to use the PVR function so I've ordered a replacement SSD and will install that after it arrives, that might require a new thread!!

In the meantime the main issue I have which I now have some time to return to (my new Xmas project) and would appreciate some more assistance with is that although the box is connected to my router via Ethernet, passes all stages of the network test and I'm able to use OpenWebIf (for the screenshots below) I'm still not able to download plugins and get an error message that the box doesn't have an internet connection.

I've err'd on the side of caution below and blacked out any IP/Mac address info I thought might be compromising but if that info is needed in order to get me connected to the internet I'll share it.

The following are self explanatory.

The only thing which catches my eye (for no particular reason) is the last line of the first screenshot above where in Box Info it says that the IPv4 address is xxx.xxx.x.xxx/24 via xxx.xxx.x.x

Any suggestions as to what I need to do to get the box online?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast