Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ABM-DVB-S/S2] "London Live" on Sky UK provider

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrokenUnusableAccount
  • Start date Start date
B

BrokenUnusableAccount

Guest
For those, like me, that use the Sky UK (or Sky Ireland) providers and can decrypt FTV, "London Live" used to be provided as channel 117 even though a real Sky box would only provide it for those in the London area.

Now that 117 is, in most cases, taken by "BBC Three" this doesn't happen anymore.
I'm not sure what happens for Sky Ireland. Last time I checked it didn't seem to have "BBC Three" at all.

In the London area Sky still puts "London Live" at 117 and puts "BBC Three" at 173.

How about changing ABM so that Sky UK, when outside London, provides "London Live" at 173?
173 doesn't seem to be used for anything else at present.

As for Sky Ireland, I think it ideally ought be provide both "BBC Three" and "London Live" with channel numbers.
I'm not yet sure which numbers to choose though.
 
If the channel is not part of the regional lineup it will be in the non indexed section if you have that enabled.
 
If the channel is not part of the regional lineup it will be in the non indexed section if you have that enabled.

Yes, good point.

Maybe I'm even more unusual than I realised before, in that I do remember the channel number for quite a lot of channels, and I prefer the number to be a real number that doesn't often change?
 
Last edited:
So add it in the CustomMix file by channel ID.
 
Yes, we should modify the existing hack. If not in london, use 173.

Why? This is a user hack. Why would we be adding this to non London regions. It is there in extra channels if people want this.
 
I'll just chip in also and say that this is an edge case for those users who have Sky cards which can be used to decrypt this FTV service. It's of no interest to those of use who use only FTA services. I could add in this channel through CustomMix if I had a card.
 
I'll just chip in also and say that this is an edge case for those users who have Sky cards which can be used to decrypt this FTV service. It's of no interest to those of use who use only FTA services. I could add in this channel through CustomMix if I had a card.

If your argument is: This is no good for people using FTA, so pointless adding it. If so, I would point out that the service will be omitted if FTA scan mode was used. And the fact that the hack is already in the file is being ignored. I suppose best we remove the hack and who want it can add it on their personal file.
 
Brian, have you checked what happens on London region if you change this to 173?
 
I have removed the alleged user hack since conditionalising the hack to apply if not in London has been rejected.

I propose the variable should be called "channels_to_add_by_name" should it be re-added.
 
Why do you start changing things while the discussion is still in progress?
 
https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/commit/cfc0a9ed88757d6a40bb7e91406761e2f7da37ca

Wow. I don't believe it. You don't just remove the channel in question. You rip the logic section out as well.

Well you did seem to completely reject the idea of using it, and remember "using it" in this case means fixing the existing usage of it so it continues to allow "London Live" outside London.


Please point me to instructions on how to add "London Live" via custom mix.
I did have one go at by copying some of the old code from the provider but it didn't seem to work.
 
Brian, have you checked what happens on London region if you change this to 173?

Yes. In London "London Live" is assigned to 117 by Sky, and "BBC Three" gets 173 which stops the hack putting "London Live" in 173.

However if custom_mix is going to be the way to this from now on it's irrelivant.
 
I'll just chip in also and say that this is an edge case for those users who have Sky cards which can be used to decrypt this FTV service. It's of no interest to those of use who use only FTA services. I could add in this channel through CustomMix if I had a card.

If you have a card slot why on earth wouldn't you obtain an expired Sky Card so you can watch a few extra channels.
It's true though, that back when I got mine there were more channels in this catagory.

It doesn't seem that long ago that I was regularly amazed to see people on this forum asking about fully encrypted channels like "ITV 4 HD" because they were diappointed that Sky had improved the encryption so that OpenViX could no longer decrypt them with their Sky card and current paid Sky subscription.
 
Last edited:
Brian, please answer post #12, which was made before anyone deleted anything.
 
Brian, please answer post #12, which was made before anyone deleted anything.

Yes I have checked.
See post #17

However I do admit that slightly different logic might represent the ideal way to get this result.
The original "in provider hack" was intended to put channels in their original number in cases where they weren't already there, this would be using it to put it in a different number when something else wasn't using that number.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top