Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot move up and down in a Setup screen

Title
    Thanks

Cannot move up and down in a Setup screen

I'm installing a new machine and am having trouble with one Setup screen - specifically, the "Recording and playback" Setup screen. When I enter I can see lots of lines of settings but pressing the up or down buttons has no effect - it won't budge from the first item ("Default movie location"). This is weird because I have no trouble moving up and down in the other Setup screens and changing settings as I see fit. Just in this one Setup screen it will let me edit that first item but won't let me go to any other lines to change them.

Could it be that there's a problem with my "Default movie location" and it won't let me move on until that's fixed?

Thanks for any help.
    Dan

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I am on 6.0 004 Release and cannot reproduce the issue. can you enable debug logs, restart, try the procedure again, then upload debug log.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by point17 View Post
    I'm installing a new machine and am having trouble with one Setup screen - specifically, the "Recording and playback" Setup screen. When I enter I can see lots of lines of settings but pressing the up or down buttons has no effect - it won't budge from the first item ("Default movie location"). This is weird because I have no trouble moving up and down in the other Setup screens and changing settings as I see fit. Just in this one Setup screen it will let me edit that first item but won't let me go to any other lines to change them.

Could it be that there's a problem with my "Default movie location" and it won't let me move on until that's fixed?

Thanks for any help.
    Dan
    You need to select a valid device.

The error message explains what is wrong.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    You need to select a valid device.

The error message explains what is wrong.

I've tried selecting every device I can think of but whatever I put there it just won't let me past that line. My HDD is an external drive mounted on /media/sda2 and it seems to work OK. I've tried recording something and it records to that location. So it seems to be a valid device. I've tried selecting /media/sda2/movie (the folder exists - I can see it via Samba). I've tried /media/sda2. I've tried /media/hdd. Regardless of what I enter into that field the user interface for the Recording and playback settings will not budge from the first line.

There's no error message. I press the down button on the remote and nothing happens. Same with the up button. The only buttons that have any effect are the left and right buttons (scrolling between the different values for this field), the OK button (to find another bookmark) and the red button or exit button which take me up a level in the menus. The remote is fine because I can scroll up and down no problem on all the other settings screens.

I'm baffled. Seems like I'm doing something stupid but I can't figure out what it is :-(

Thanks

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    I've tried selecting every device I can think of but whatever I put there it just won't let me past that line. My HDD is an external drive mounted on /media/sda2 and it seems to work OK. I've tried recording something and it records to that location. So it seems to be a valid device. I've tried selecting /media/sda2/movie (the folder exists - I can see it via Samba). I've tried /media/sda2. I've tried /media/hdd. Regardless of what I enter into that field the user interface for the Recording and playback settings will not budge from the first line.

There's no error message. I press the down button on the remote and nothing happens. Same with the up button. The only buttons that have any effect are the left and right buttons (scrolling between the different values for this field), the OK button (to find another bookmark) and the red button or exit button which take me up a level in the menus. The remote is fine because I can scroll up and down no problem on all the other settings screens.

I'm baffled. Seems like I'm doing something stupid but I can't figure out what it is :-(

Thanks
    Post a screenshot with the error message.

How to take a screenshot here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...o-attach-files

Title
    Thanks
    Have you tried to reboot the box ( not just restart enigma2) after connecting the HDD? What filesystem is the box in?

Can you send this command to your box using Putty/terminal post back the result?
    df -Th

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I am on 6.0 004 Release and cannot reproduce the issue. can you enable debug logs, restart, try the procedure again, then upload debug log.
    I enabled debug logs and rebooted. I wasn't sure which logs to attach and where to find them - I've browsed around using Samba and found the attached in /var/log - are these the ones you need?

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. The Following User Says Thank You to point17 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (18-12-21)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Post a screenshot with the error message.

How to take a screenshot here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...o-attach-files

But that's what I'm trying to say - there is no error message. Nothing happens when I press the up or down buttons, not even an error message. I can send a screenshot of the Settings screen if that would help?

Thanks

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    But that's what I'm trying to say - there is no error message. Nothing happens when I press the up or down buttons, not even an error message. I can send a screenshot of the Settings screen if that would help?

Thanks
    If you can't move the selection there will be a message in the hints field.

Title
    Thanks
    Dec 18 12:10:04 vuduo4kse kern.notice kernel: [ 14.861516] scsi 2:0:0:0: Direct-Access Seagate Backup+ Hub BK D781 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6

The manual for the device says that the windows device comes formatted in NTFS. You will need to install the ntfs drivers.
    Menu > Plugins > Green (download) > drivers > ntfs-3g
    Edit: Reboot will be required

Please note:
    It may not allow you to record to it. I might be wrong, but I think there was a commit to only allow ext devices even though we have always been able to record to other filesystems before.

Edit 2:
    Link to guide on issuing commands here:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...Linux-commands

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Disc needs to be EXT formatted.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    I enabled debug logs and rebooted. I wasn't sure which logs to attach and where to find them - I've browsed around using Samba and found the attached in /var/log - are these the ones you need?

Thanks
    From that messages file.

Code:
    Dec 18 12:10:04 vuduo4kse kern.notice kernel: [   15.023967] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Very big device. Trying to use READ CAPACITY(16).
    Dec 18 12:10:04 vuduo4kse kern.notice kernel: [   15.031908] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
    Dec 18 12:10:04 vuduo4kse kern.warn kernel: [   15.423841] UDF-fs: warning (device sda1): udf_fill_super: No partition found (2)
    Dec 18 12:10:04 vuduo4kse kern.warn kernel: [   17.151420] UDF-fs: warning (device sda2): udf_fill_super: No partition found (2)
    so there is nothing there that can (yet) be used.

PS: Those are OS logs. The enigma2 debug logs will be in /media/hdd/logs.
    Last edited by birdman; 18-12-21 at 14:35.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Disc needs to be EXT formatted.
    Which files do users change to re-allow usage of fat32 devices. This will once again allow users to plugin their USB stick to other devices which do not allow ext filesystem.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    PS: Those are OS logs. The enigma2 debug logs will be in /media/hdd/logs.
    Default is /home/root/logs

He does not have a hdd mountpoint

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast