Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huevos

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jun 20, 2010
Messages
15,680
Reaction score
496
Points
83
Location
38.5N, 0.5W
Python 2, the main GUI software of enigma2, first released in 2000, was abandoned by the the developers of Python on 1st January 2020 in favour of Python 3, which has been available since 2006.

This means that if we at OpenViX want to maintain compatibility with the latest advances in software that surrounds enigma2 we must switch to Python 3.

After a lot of work we now have a fully working Python 3 test image.

So we now need people that are willing to test the new Python 3 image.

All that is needed is flash your receiver with the new Py3 image, switch on debug logs, and use the box as normal, reporting any bugs or crashes.

If any forum members are interested please post below with details of your receiver (brand and model).

Thanks.

_________________________________________________

Edit (2021/07/15):

Requested Py3 images available through the link below.

Please note: These are not stable production images. They are provided for test purposes only. Use at your own risk.

http://images.satellites-xml.org/Py3/
 
Last edited:
Yes I would do a test on my Edision OSMega (provided test image can go on USB multiboot)
 
I would be happy to test on my VU+ Uno4k
 
I'll gladly put it on Ultimo 4k, Zero and solo².

Mrs uses Duo² so best leave that as is
 
Last edited:
I can test on the following if required:

Vu+ Duo 4K
Vu+ Uno 4K SE
Vu+ Uno 4K
Gigablue 4k UHD
Gigablue Trio 4k
Xtrend ET8500
Octagon SF4008
Octagon SF8008
Zgemma H7S
Zgemma H9 twin
 
Happy to test on Vu+ Zero 4K and Octagon SF8008 mini 4K
 
Happy to test on VuSolo4KSE (main box) or VuSolo2
 
Ok, I'll host vuultimo4k osmio4kplus vuuno4k sf8008 sf8008m zgemmah7 mutant51 vusolo2 osmega.

And maybe Tony can host ax61 zgemmah9series gbue4k/quad4k, possibly others to be decided.

If we have missed anyone please shout.
 
Ok, I'll host vuultimo4k osmio4kplus vuuno4k sf8008 sf8008m zgemmah7 mutant51 vusolo2 osmega.

And maybe Tony can host ax61 zgemmah9series gbue4k/quad4k, possibly others to be decided.

If we have missed anyone please shout.

Vu Zero 4K if possible also
 
I could test with one of these: Ultimo 4K, Duo 4K SE, Uno 4K SE or Duo2.
 
I can test on my Zgemma H7S as long as it's not too crashy as this is my main way to watch TV.
 
I can test on mutant hd51.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
 
I can test on mutant hd51.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
Give us a bit of time to build the images listed in post #11. Each model takes about 6 hours to build (sometimes more).

Once built I will add a link in here where you can download them from.
 
I'll be running the latest Python 3 images on my XTrend ET8500.
 
Hi thanks

Can be installed via image manager on a different partition or do we need to do via USB?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top