Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

I can't install enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv

  • Thread starter Thread starter firstsat1
  • Start date Start date
F

firstsat1

Guest
Hello,

I am running latest 5.3 OpenVIX for Vu+ Duo2 and I can't install Hbbtv extensions:


# opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv
Collected errors:
* calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv:
* vuplus-opera-browser-util *
* opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv.


Regards,
 
old problem.Does not work
 
Old problem hbbtv on VU+ with mipsel processors

Hi all
Have the same problem with VU+ Solo2 since 5.3. 5.2.45 was the last image where the plugin repository included opera.dll.
Some not so clever people just let it away and only thought of the new model with a different processor, not depending on opera.

Whenever a new release is out I test hbbvt - so far always in vain.

On the OpenATV images hbbtv works perfectly fine. So it is only the look and feel of the user interfaces that keep me with openvix.

nekrub2
 
Hi all
Have the same problem with VU+ Solo2 since 5.3. 5.2.45 was the last image where the plugin repository included opera.dll.
Some not so clever people just let it away and only thought of the new model with a different processor, not depending on opera.

Whenever a new release is out I test hbbvt - so far always in vain.

On the OpenATV images hbbtv works perfectly fine. So it is only the look and feel of the user interfaces that keep me with openvix.

nekrub2

I have tried hbbtv with all my boxes that run hbbtv - and it works on all of them - but I don‘t have a Vu+ box, so its something about the Vu+ setup - I will have another look, but there is no obvious difference in the image specifics
 
I tried to make it working on my duo2 by installing opera from ipk and then hbbtv.Did not get it working.
 
New image release 5.4.001 - still the same problem when installing hbbt tv plugin.

It's a shame - do you want me to switch to OpenATV?

nekrub2
 
New image release 5.4.001 - still the same problem when installing hbbt tv plugin.

It's a shame - do you want me to switch to OpenATV?

nekrub2

That's up to you, I suspect it will never work on ViX.

Here's a quote from OpenPLi I've mentioned before...


The Opera HbbTV solution is closed source and under license. It was supplied by a manufacturer and ATV "used" it for others. We don't do that, it is effectively stealing.
 
I really do not understand why this doesn‘t work on Vu+, there is no difference that I can see on image builds between ViX and ATV - also it works on my (non Vu+) HbbTV boxes (Gigablue and Edision)
 
It worked up to the release 5.2.45. I suspect the plugin package for hbbtv doesn't include the opera browser anymore. Maybe it was assumed that nobody would use a box with a mipsel processor anymore.
nekrub2-
nekrub2
 
Hello,

I am running latest 5.3 OpenVIX for Vu+ Duo2 and I can't install Hbbtv extensions:


# opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv
Collected errors:
* calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv:
* vuplus-opera-browser-util *
* opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv.


Regards,

Maybe any OpenVix coder can inspect on the OE-A git, why on the process image building it fails the creation of this missed package:



Code:
vuplus-opera-browser-util

In any case this needs the install of other package:

Code:
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv

If installed this attached package, it should work normally!

Note: Mayble @Abubaniaz or @Huevos can take a look to it, to inspect why the package is not created!

best regards
nunigaia
 

Attachments

Last edited:
On the OpenATV images hbbtv works perfectly fine. So it is only the look and feel of the user interfaces that keep me with openvix.

nekrub2
Really? I can't find it in the ATV packages file.
 
I've got loads on a vu ultimo4k, but absolutely nothing on an et10k......

Code:
 enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv (5.4+git2705+a6bc5bc-r1)
extensions-hbbtv 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv-po (5.4+git2705+a6bc5bc-r1)
extensions-hbbtv (translations) 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv-src (5.4+git2705+a6bc5bc-r1)
extensions-hbbtv (source files) 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webkithbbtv (1.1-20170105.r0)
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webkithbbtv version 1.1-20170105.r0 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webkithbbtv-dbg (1.1-20170105.r0)
- Debugging files 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webkithbbtv-dev (1.1-20170105.r0)
- Development files 
vuplus-webkithbbtv-dumpait (git15+3417749-r0)
dumpait 
vuplus-webkithbbtv-dumpait-dbg (git15+3417749-r0)
dumpait - Debugging files 
vuplus-webkithbbtv-dumpait-dev (git15+3417749-r0)
dumpait - Development files 
webkit-hbbtv-browser-vuultimo4k (1.0-20181116.r1)
webkit-hbbtv-browser-vuultimo4k version 1.0-20181116.r1 
webkit-hbbtv-browser-vuultimo4k-dbg (1.0-20181116.r1)
- Debugging files 
webkit-hbbtv-browser-vuultimo4k-dev (1.0-20181116.r1)
- Development files
 
I've got loads on a vu ultimo4k, but absolutely nothing on an et10k......

Code:
 enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv (5.4+git2705+a6bc5bc-r1)
extensions-hbbtv 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv-po (5.4+git2705+a6bc5bc-r1)
extensions-hbbtv (translations) 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv-src (5.4+git2705+a6bc5bc-r1)
extensions-hbbtv (source files) 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webkithbbtv (1.1-20170105.r0)
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webkithbbtv version 1.1-20170105.r0 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webkithbbtv-dbg (1.1-20170105.r0)
- Debugging files 
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webkithbbtv-dev (1.1-20170105.r0)
- Development files 
vuplus-webkithbbtv-dumpait (git15+3417749-r0)
dumpait 
vuplus-webkithbbtv-dumpait-dbg (git15+3417749-r0)
dumpait - Debugging files 
vuplus-webkithbbtv-dumpait-dev (git15+3417749-r0)
dumpait - Development files 
webkit-hbbtv-browser-vuultimo4k (1.0-20181116.r1)
webkit-hbbtv-browser-vuultimo4k version 1.0-20181116.r1 
webkit-hbbtv-browser-vuultimo4k-dbg (1.0-20181116.r1)
- Debugging files 
webkit-hbbtv-browser-vuultimo4k-dev (1.0-20181116.r1)
- Development files

I think you are mixing this:

The thread is regarding DUO2 ( Mipsel ARCH ), The package is not present at Ultimo4k ( Armv7 ARCH ( not needed as it uses i think, webkit for HBBTV )), and not vuplus-opera-browser-util.

best regards
nunigaia
 
Last edited:
Not really sure what is happening.

I have "opera-hbbtv_20181116_0.tar.gz" in "sources".

I clean the recipe:
Code:
cd /xxx/xxx/5.4/builds/openvix/developer/vusolo2
. env.source
bitbake -c clean vuplus-opera-browser-util

Then I cleaned "sstate-cache":
Code:
cd /xxx/xxx/5.4/builds/openvix/
find sstate-cache -name '*vuplus-opera-browser-util*' -delete
find sstate-cache -name '*vusolo2*' -delete

Then rebuild the module:
Code:
cd /xxx/xxx/5.4/builds/openvix/developer/vusolo2
. env.source
bitbake vuplus-opera-browser-util

But this goes directly to a SetScene task and never builds the module from scratch.

What more do I have to do to force this module to build from scratch?

I was trying to avoid bumping the PR... and would it fix it anyway?
 
Last edited:
I should have read your comment about the old version earlier. I tried to install it yesterday and my VU+ Solo2 crashed so heavily that I had to flash from USB and restore the settings. > Better reading, even better understanding. ;-)
Thanks people for investigating.
nekrub2
 
I should have read your comment about the old version earlier. I tried to install it yesterday and my VU+ Solo2 crashed so heavily that I had to flash from USB and restore the settings. > Better reading, even better understanding. ;-)
Thanks people for investigating.
nekrub2

I can´t understand why some users, just are saying " don´t work" :( ... where is the log?
Is it very difficult to quote as reply the post from someone?

I have posted a zipped file that works on my DUO2 --> https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...tensions-hbbtv&p=512594&viewfull=1#post512594 = similar to Open Vix 5.4.009 ... and it works!

A solution, because i noticed that the referred ( clear one on my post ) solve the issues, although ( was not compiled on image building ), there are users are not able to read the whole thread :( ... This not helps! :((((

Other thing, why referring an Ultimo4k and an Et10000 4k, when we are threating a Mipsel vuplus STB issue?

This thread is just for Duo2 ... or any case, all Vuplus MIPSEL STB´s that needs the package missed i mentioned on my previous post!

best regards
nunigaia
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top