Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I don't recollect any warnings today about channels not supporting VPS, they certainly did last week, but it could just me me.

Need to find the latest instructions, my last post was version 0.5 and may well have changed significantly since then.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    It checks the channel the first time you set VPS on it. I think it doesn't do the check the next time you want to set a timer on that channel because of the entry in timers_vps.xml. All channels essentially support VPS on irish/UK terrestrial and sat.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Found it here ....
    Code:
    https://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=207592
    If I'd scrolled down further there's more....

VPS-Plugin 1.1

VPS-Plugin 1.1

The VPS-plugin can determine if a program starts earlier or longer than the programmed timer was. For this, the channels provide reliable data.

Features:
    - Each timer can be enabled VPS
    - Analysis of the Running status of a shipment (not running, starts in a few seconds, pausing, running)
    - Recordings can be completely controlled by the channel information, which enables very accurate shots
    - Alternatively, the security mode used, the programmed start and end times will be adhered to
    - Control-lead time (eg 10 minutes before the start of the recording starts with the plugin to monitor the running status)
    - Enter the VPS / PDC time with manually created timers possible
    - Search for related events (eg when sports programs are interrupted by news)

The channels provide reliable data? (RUNNING status)
    ARD and ZDF give for their shipments usually always an accurate running status.
    Specifically, the following stations: The First (HD), ZDF (HD), NDR, WDR, MDR, Bavarian Television, hr, rbb, SWR, 3sat, arte (HD), Kika, Phoenix, BR-alpha, ZDFinfo, zdf_neo , zdf.kultur, Eins Extra, Eins Plus, One Festival

The private stations adjust their status to not running when a program starts earlier or is coated. The VPS function should not be turned on when recording from the private sector.

Besides providing more in Austria, ORF, in Switzerland, the Czech Republic in SF and CT half reliable data.

What is VPS time?
    ARD and ZDF in any of their EPG data on the VPS time (PDC-descriptor).
    The VPS-time should be the published start time in magazines. ARD / ZDF give the VPS-time requirements on their websites and teletext.
    Be specified in the manual timer settings must VPS time when you turn on the VPS function.
    With the VPS time can find the plugin, the event ID of the program and can then begin evaluating the Running state. When programming from EPG has no VPS time to be specified because, in case an event ID already stored in the timer.

This looks for the plug to the VPS time, no name may be specified for the timer. The name and description fields are filled in by the plugin, if a program of the VPS-time was found.

This is only manually programmed timers (menu -> Timer -> Add) relevant! For timers that are programmed via the EPG, can of course remain the timer automatically assumed name.

What is VPS active Yes / Yes (safe mode)?
    Security mode means that the plugin takes into account the programmed start time and end time. The plugin can start recording only if earlier or run longer but never shorter.

If only Yes was selected, the plugin can start recording only when the item is listed as "running", and stops the timer, when the Running status is set to "not running". In this case, the programmed timer times are therefore not considered for inclusion. The start time of the timer should be programmed correctly, but nonetheless, because this time it is used as to when the plugin starts with the monitoring of the timer.

The advantage of the function is that is received at best delayed sending exactly. The disadvantage of the function is that the program is not included or incomplete möglicherwise when the transmitter will result in incorrect data. This is also on ARD / ZDF irregular times of the case.

In short:
    To be on the safe side, should use the secure mode.

Control-flow time
    The plugin by default starts 10 minutes before the start of the recording eigentlichem to oversee the running state.

If no free tuner is there, then tried the plugin on the current transponder / channel for information search. ARD will broadcast e.g. also on their transponders EPG information from ZDF and vice versa. However, it is expected with a slight delay.
    With timers that are to be controlled by the transmitter information on the plugin to optionally for the lead time to be recorded on the transmitter.

VPS enable by default on new timers
    It can be adjusted if the creation of new VPS timer should be already pre-activated. VPS is pre-activated only at stations where you enabled VPS and ever recognized the plugin already has that support this station VPS.

Support for other plugins
    The following other plugins / apps support the VPS-plugin:
    - Auto Timer
    - Dreamote

Installation
    The plugin can be installed using the Extension Manager from Enigma2 (category images) or in the GP3 with addons and plugins (system).
    Otherwise, the plugin can be downloaded from http://www.dreamboxupdate.com/.

Be restarted after installation Enigma!

For owners of 7025 or 7025 + is appended below an IPK file. This file is intended only for the 7025!

Settings
    The settings are under the plugin menu - to find> VPS-plugin -> Settings -> System.
    Attached Files

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (22-02-21),ronand (22-02-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Indeed that is what seems to be happening. I looked through the channels that it was enabled on by default on and yes they were channels I had tested recording on. However not all channels that I had used the plugin in had it enabled by default. And I did a few timer recordings on a few different channels but that didn't change the status either. No big deal - at least we have an explanation of what is happening. Its not difficult to enable it for a recording and I find it a very useful feature. I hated using padding on recordings as it made the timer list look very haphazard and I found itdifficult looking through the epg to see which programs were actually set for recording/partial recording.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    .... have you been able to get autotimers to create timers with Enable VPS=Yes ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Autotimers have been working perfectly from the start but you do need to specify it when creating it (I dont think they are intended to be enabled by default). When setting up the autotimer just "ActivateVPS=YES" and then the second line "control recording completely by service" and that seems to work fine for me. The soaps are recording fine with no bits missing
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

ccs (22-02-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Deary me. I went in and changed the autotimer defaults and enabled the vps settings there. Now they will be on by default for all new autotimers.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Deary me. I went in and changed the autotimer defaults and enabled the vps settings there. Now they will be on by default for all new autotimers.
    Are you suggesting that turning the option off doesn't work?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Enabling VPS by default in the plugin has nothing to do with autotimers (or the timers created by them).

Enabling VPS recording by default for autotimers is set in the autotimer plugin

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Enabling VPS recording by default for autotimers is set in the autotimer plugin
    I understand that, it was the "Deary me" that confused me.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just hitting myself on the head that's all!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Well that answers that one. I was finding that it was enabled on a few more channels but couldn't see a pattern. I suppose it always helps to RTFM! I will do a short recording on 5.4.008.002 to check if thats the case.
    That notice is not necessarily related to the current code (which is v1.33).

For some reason all of the VPS threads end up having masses of, "I did this and it didn't work", followed by, "when I tired it today it was different" followed by several other people all chipping in with confusing references (no context) saying it was the same for them.

None of this helps at all.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    All channels essentially support VPS on irish/UK terrestrial and sat.
    That may be true, but the VPS plugin can't detect that for UK Freeview when it looks for it.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I understand that, it was the "Deary me" that confused me.
    Threw me also!

VPS works very well on BBC/ITV/C4, where the programme changeover in the EIT (which is what VPS is monitoring) actually coincides with the programme start. This means that if a programme starts later than scheduled (usually Graham Norton on Friday night) then it will catch the entire programme properly. It's of no benefit on C5 (or possibly others on sat) or on Saorview, where the programme EIT changes happen at the scheduled EPG time, irregardless of when the programme actually starts. If it's just a few minutes early or late, then you're better off with some padding set in your timer defaults.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    That notice is not necessarily related to the current code (which is v1.33).

For some reason all of the VPS threads end up having masses of, "I did this and it didn't work", followed by, "when I tired it today it was different" followed by several other people all chipping in with confusing references (no context) saying it was the same for them.

None of this helps at all.
    Only reporting what we were seeing.

There's plenty of context, but when something works one day and not the next it was very difficult to understand what was the root cause, but we got there in the end.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast