Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    I'm using the same skin (simple 1080) but with text instead of the graphic. I see yes/no only on those options which would align with the the graphic. It's only on the actual timer entries that it show yes/no/yes-safe mode (and it seems to default to yes-safe mode in the timer). I'll try the Vix night HD skin and see.

EDIT - got all three option in the VPS setup on Vix Night HD. The set default option comes up on the timer edit entry and sticks ok. All good
    Last edited by Joe_90; 22-02-21 at 14:13.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

birdman (22-02-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    EDIT - got all three option in the VPS setup on Vix Night HD. The set default option comes up on the timer edit entry and sticks ok. All good
    I'll assume this is a skin issue, then.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm using Magic FHD and there doesnt seem to be any issues there
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    For my benefit (and sanity), has setting "VPS enabled by default" to "Yes" in the plugin ever resulted in an EPG/Green add timer with "Enable VPS" already set to "Yes" ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I did see it before but cant replicate it. I even saw it today on 5.4.008.002 although the setting in the plugin was "ask user" it was set to "yes" in the new timer. But I cant get it to do it again.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Not in the past, but since the last change to Modifications.py it's now doing it.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    I did see it before but cant replicate it. I even saw it today on 5.4.008.002 although the setting in the plugin was "ask user" it was set to "yes" in the new timer. But I cant get it to do it again.
    Is "ask user" only for instant record?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Definitely the grey matter failing. It is. I'm really confused by this now. If you set "enabled by default" to "yes" it seems to work but only for one timer. Then its back to "no" for the next timer. The setting is still set to "yes" in the plugin but no longer has any effect. So I thought it was working correctly on 5.4.007 (release) with the modded file but its obviously not. Thats probably why ccs is pulling his hair out

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Not in the past, but since the last change to Modifications.py it's now doing it.
    Today, I've tried 4 different releases, the current dev release of vps and the latest Modification.py file, and I can't get it to do it anymore.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I can replicate it now - if you set "vps enabled by default" to "no" and save. Go back in and enable it. Then the next timer you set will have it enabled. But only for one timer and the setting seems to get ignored again.

Edit: This is on 5.4.007 (release) with modded py file
    Last edited by ronand; 22-02-21 at 14:52.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Its not working on 5.4.008.002 - going to test 5.4.008.001 now

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There's serious weirdness whether this feature works or not. Currently I can get it to work correctly on one channel but not on any other. I will have to play more with it as why that channel only. In my case its sky news but I doubt that is relevant.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I don't know if this helps, just randomly searching....

There is a new version (0.5):

- Search for related events (improved PDC support)
    Sports programs for example be at ARD / ZDF frequently interrupted by messages. EPG in the broadcast will appear on your part as 1 and 2, in between the messages. The plugin can see that part go together 1 / 2 and take on both. The detection is done by the PDC-descriptor, ie For both parties the same VPS time is transmitted. Existing timers are of course taken into account. If so you have always created timer for both parties will not be included twice.

- PDC check on all new timers
    Even with timers that are programmed via the EPG, the plugin now checks whether the sender has a PDC-descriptor in the EPG. When a PDC Descr. exist, then it's already a good sign that the station will provide reliable data in the Running status.
    If the descriptor is not there, ask for the plugin, if VPS is to be really activated. They should inform themselves in advance whether the station provides reliable data (see text information in the plugin or here in the thread). You can also choose to be on this station does not want to be asked.

- Behavior of "VPS default to enable" changed
    When turned on, VPS is pre-activated only at stations where it has previously been activated at some point even manually VPS. VPS is pre-activated so as not essentially all new timers.

I think this is a good compromise for those who wanted to have a channel list in the plugin. The plugin must either have previously recognized that the sender transmits a PDC-descriptor, or you must have selected that one at the station no longer wants to be asked if VPS is to be really activated.
    Thx to sftg

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

ronand (22-02-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Well that answers that one. I was finding that it was enabled on a few more channels but couldn't see a pattern. I suppose it always helps to RTFM! I will do a short recording on 5.4.008.002 to check if thats the case.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi ccs - where did you get that info? It's not in the plugin notes (which are not great translations from, I presume, the original German).

That info actually confirms what I have just been testing. I set a manual timer from the EPG on the current channel. It defaulted to YES and set the timer value properly. I then tried a timer on another channel. It defaulted to NO and I changed the value to YES, whereupon it checked that channel for VPS compliance and offered me the the options Yes/No/Yes and don't ask again. Once you set the "Yes and don't ask again" I think it writes the entry in the timers_vps.xml file and then it's set for good for that channel/service. The serviceref in the xml file is marked as vps_enabled and vps_overwrite so I think if there is an entry for the service in the xml file already the pgin doesn't ask again and defaults to yes. Whew! So many moving parts in this plugin and so badly documented!

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast