Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] opentvzapper plugin causing autotimer to crash

I tried the new opentvzapper plugin which is supposed to replace epgrefresh but autotimer crashes sometimes when it is polled. Removing the plugin and restarting e2 solves it. I reinstalled it and the crashes returned.

Debug log attached

View attachment 61329

Its the autotimer vps error (not opentvzapper).................... AutoTimerComponent' object has no attribute 'vpsplugin_overwrite'
 
Its the autotimer vps error (not opentvzapper).................... AutoTimerComponent' object has no attribute 'vpsplugin_overwrite'

Its only happening when the opentvzapper is installed. I dont use any vps plugin
 
There are recent commits to autotimer to check for the vps plugin....

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/commits/master

Edit: I've just added the latest version of Autotimer.py to 5.4.005 without issues, although I'm not using opentvzapper :).
 
Last edited:
I have 5.4.005 and I'm using OpenTVZapper without issue so far but don't have/use vps plugin
 
I don't use the vps plugin (never have done) so I dont know why I have this issue. Its not a problem for me - just uninstalled opentvzapper and back to epg refresh and all is good.
 
One of the commits is labelled "[AutoTimer.py] Protect against BSoD when no vps plugin is present".
 
Its the autotimer vps error (not opentvzapper).................... AutoTimerComponent' object has no attribute 'vpsplugin_overwrite'
Fixed yesterday.
I think this only happened when AutoTimer actually added a new timer, hence it is likely to occur just after the EPG gets updated (something now matches).
 
I don't use the vps plugin (never have done) so I dont know why I have this issue. Its not a problem for me - just uninstalled opentvzapper and back to epg refresh and all is good.

Thats why you and I have the issue! But its not opentvzapper!
 
Fixed yesterday.
I think this only happened when AutoTimer actually added a new timer, hence it is likely to occur just after the EPG gets updated (something now matches).
Explains why I haven't yet noticed this crash because I've not yet had reason to add new AutoTimer. :)



Edit: For anyone wanting it until next release of Vix 5.4.006, see post 14 for latest file
 
Last edited by a moderator:
... I think it's more to do with autotimer adding a new timer rather than adding a new autotimer.:)
 
... I think it's more to do with autotimer adding a new timer rather than adding a new autotimer.:)

For most people it's probably the same thing. Add an autotimer and save and few minutes later it searches the EPG to set timers.

Could there be a problem if autotimers and opentvzapper are polling/operating at exactly the same time in the background?
 
Last edited:
Edit: Added latest AutoTimer not tested it personally yet though.

Added file below for anyone wanting it until next release of Vix 5.4.006

Rename existing AutoTimer.pyo file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer to say AutoTimer.xxx
Transfer attached file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer

Shouldn't that be the .py file, aren't .pyo files architecture dependant?

In case they are......

Instructions:
Rename existing AutoTimer.pyo file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer to say AutoTimer.orig
Transfer attached file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer
Perform a GUI restart
A new .pyo file will then be created
Delete the .py file you had transferred, otherwise future software updates could be compromised.
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems to have fixed the problem - thanks guys. However I will probably stick to using epgrefresh as I use it for Saorview as well.
 
For most people it's probably the same thing.
I doubt it.
AutoTimer can add a new Timers as the EPG updates (which is what I was referring to when I said AT adds timers).

Adding an AutoTimer is something that requires a user intervention. An Autotimer adding a Timer isn't (the clue is in the "Auto").
 
Shouldn't that be the .py file, aren't .pyo files architecture dependant?

Looks like they are, comparing an et10k and ultimo4k shows 2 bytes different, which is probably insignificant.

But the .pyo file in post #11 is very different, maybe HiSilicon?
 
That seems to have fixed the problem - thanks guys. However I will probably stick to using epgrefresh as I use it for Saorview as well.

Hi @ronand - you don't need epgrefresh for Saorview, unless you never tune to a Saorview channel ;) The default EIT reader, if enabled, will populate the full Saorview EPG in seconds once you tune to any of the channels.

I've tested the new opentvzapper (on a development build) and it works very well to populate the full Sky EPG in less than three minutes.
 
Last edited:
Hi @ronand - you don't need epgrefresh for Saorview, unless you never tune to a Saorview channel ;) The default EIT reader, if enabled, will populate the full Saorview EPG in seconds once you tune to any of the channels.

I've tested the new opentvzapper (on a development build) and it works very well to populate the full Sky EPG in less than three minutes.

I know that but I don't watch saorview that much so the epg is often empty. Yes the opentvzapper works fine for sky but epgfresh was working fine me so I will stick with that. I also have epgimporter downloading for other sats so no need to have too many things running. If it ain't broke then don't fix it. Opentvzapper is perfect for those using 28e only and no config is required bar enabling it so I'm sure lots will make use of it.
 
Shouldn't that be the .py file, aren't .pyo files architecture dependant?

In case they are......

Same instructions, followed by a gui restart, and then delete the .py file, otherwise future software updates could be compromised.

Yes the .pyo seems to be architecture dependent - it didnt work on my H7S (no autotimer in the menu) but the .py file worked fine
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top