Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: set openvix for 27.5w

Title
    Thanks

set openvix for 27.5w

Hi all,
    What steps/files are required to set up Openvix 5.3.028 for using 27.5w ?
    cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Same as OpenPli .... the thread you posted in is probably “the“ source - so what is your actual question, as if I read your OpenPli post correctly you had it working?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Same as OpenPli .... the thread you posted in is probably “the“ source - so what is your actual question, as if I read your OpenPli post correctly you had it working?
    Yes I did and that post was sometime back, anyhow, I updated the openpli 7.2 today and for whatever reason all the channels on 27.5 would not open and then oscam.emu would not work.
    Not succeeding in fixing it I thought meantime why not try another image, which brought me to my original question.
    Regards

Title
    Thanks
    1) did you scan 27.5W and break the changes to the lamedb??
    2) you don‘t need oscam emu - on ViX oscamlatest is fine.
    3) what files are you currently using?
    Important that the lamedb is obviously set up for 27.5W, but I use a very bog standard oscam.conf, oscam.server set up as a BISS reader
    Code:
    [reader]
    label=BISS
    protocol=constcw
    device=/etc/tuxbox/config/constant.cw
    caid=2600
    group=1
    And a file constant.cw containing the transponders etc
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    1) did you scan 27.5W and break the changes to the lamedb??
    2) you don‘t need oscam emu - on ViX oscamlatest is fine.
    3) what files are you currently using?
    Important that the lamedb is obviously set up for 27.5W, but I use a very bog standard oscam.conf, oscam.server set up as a BISS reader
    Code:
    [reader]
    label=BISS
    protocol=constcw
    device=/etc/tuxbox/config/constant.cw
    caid=2600
    group=1
    And a file constant.cw containing the transponders etc
    Thanks for the quick reply,
    1 I did scan 27.5w but did not realise there were any changes to be made
    2 this was another thing that threw me, in openpli oscam has the constant cw already in it
    3 just the lamedb and keys files

and now that I am trying to check the above with DCC I find that the Multiboot is not allowing me access to the zgemma! what a fun day!
    cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Morning,
    as I told you yesterday since using the Multiboot for Pli and Vix I have lost access to the zgemma h9 twin when using DCC (had no problem previously) I have attached a screen shot from DCC, have you had this problem? or know how I can reset it?
    regardsz1.JPG

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by v12nut View Post
    Morning,
    as I told you yesterday since using the Multiboot for Pli and Vix I have lost access to the zgemma h9 twin when using DCC (had no problem previously) I have attached a screen shot from DCC, have you had this problem? or know how I can reset it?
    regardsz1.JPG
    I am sure its not a multiboot issue - goes nowhere near network.... there are/have been issues with DCC and getting a version that works with OE-A images see https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...ontrol-Centre)
    or: better still use Putty
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Putty or use Filezilla Client FTP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Putty or use Filezilla Client FTP

Thanks I shall try both of those, If you look at the pic at the bottom box there is mention of a TBS server, I get this when connecting to the Zgemma via a crossover cable, no router.any idea why this should be?
    regards

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks I shall try both of those, If you look at the pic at the bottom box there is mention of a TBS server, I get this when connecting to the Zgemma via a crossover cable, no router.any idea why this should be?
    regards
    Sorry, never used the DCC package - no idea.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    regards
    Is this an ethernet crossover cable? If so, how are you allocating IP addresses to the Zgemma and the (I assume) PC? I'm just wondering if this is a simple failure to connect? Using a router with DHCP is probably the most reliable way of connecting. You can either fix address reservations in the router or assign specific addresses in both devices ensuring they are in the same subnet.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Is this an ethernet crossover cable? If so, how are you allocating IP addresses to the Zgemma and the (I assume) PC? I'm just wondering if this is a simple failure to connect? Using a router with DHCP is probably the most reliable way of connecting. You can either fix address reservations in the router or assign specific addresses in both devices ensuring they are in the same subnet.
    Yes it is an ethernet cable, which had worked fine with DCC until I installed another image via the zgemma multi boot system, now the same program and cable wont connect or recognise the box.
    cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    It's likely that the new image has no IP address, then. You need to connect the zgemma to a router in order to obtain an IP address. Then you can connect to it from the PC, either via the router or subsequently directly using a crossover cable (although most ethernet ports will handle a straight or crossover cable).
    Last edited by Joe_90; 14-05-20 at 15:36.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Update, I have all channels back but no sound, could I ask you for a copy of your working lamdb file or what do I need to insert in my own?
    cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

set openvix for 27.5w

Sound is nothing to do with lamdb file. Remote not on Mute? Remote not on 0% volume?

A simple Reboot of the receiver via the Menu may solve it?

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast