Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Bug in EPG screen when adding a recording

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug in EPG screen when adding a recording

Title
    Thanks

Bug in EPG screen when adding a recording

Hi,

I wanted to report an "odd behaviour" in the EPG. when you do a +24 several times to get, say 4 days hence, and find a program you want to record. After setting the recording (either Autotimer or single record) the EPG jumps back to the current day/time. this means that you cannot immediately see if the recording has taken and more importantly you cannot carry on from that point and select further items to record without having to do a lot of keypresses to get back to 4 days hence (e.g. you may be going through the whole week to select recordings and this jumping back to the present day/time means that it is a much bigger chore with many more key presses than it needs to be).

I have tested this in OpenATV and on that image when you do this the EPG stays at the 4 days hence position so you can just carry on quickly and efficiently.

Is this a bug?

I am using KiddaC Slyk Onyx skin with his enigma2-plugin-extensions-openvix-epgselection-mod_2.0_all.ipk package however - it seems to do this even with this removed and using the default skin.

thanks
    Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry. Appears that the KiddaC mod may be the cause. Please disregard this post for now and my apologies for wasting time.
    Last edited by smipx; 04-03-20 at 00:10.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

Bug in EPG screen when adding a recording

I have already posted on the other two fora you have raised this that the official file does not have this. As you are a python programmer, best you add the hacks to the latest official file. bbbuk's fork may be nearest to the official one.

However, some work has been done to make the files modular and remove the spaghetti. We have not implemented or agreed how to test it yet.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I am not a programmer myself so I assume that was directed at KiddaC ?

I have reverted to the original EpgSelection.py
    I then ran a system update and rebooted

I then went into the EPG and went ahead a few days. I selected a program to record and I'm happy to report that it now works.

What would be really nice would be to have the ability to assign +24 and -24 hours to the buttons (like in KiddaC's mod) and then have the two recording options and IMDB search under one of the other buttons. It seems a lot more logical that way. It would also mean that KiddaC would not need to maintain the mod. I can live with the terminology of "Autotimer" rather than "Series link" but the other mods do seem to make a lot of sense.

Just saying :-)
    what do you think?

thanks
    Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I have already posted on the other two fora you have raised this that the official file does not have this. As you are a python programmer, best you add the hacks to the latest official file. bbbuk's fork may be nearest to the official one.

However, some work has been done to make the files modular and remove the spaghetti. We have not implemented or agreed how to test it yet.
    Hi, I am not a programmer myself so I assume that was directed at KiddaC ?

I have reverted to the original EpgSelection.py
    I then ran a system update and rebooted

I then went into the EPG and went ahead a few days. I selected a program to record and I'm happy to report that it now works.

What would be really nice would be to have the ability to assign +24 and -24 hours to the buttons (like in KiddaC's mod) and then have the two recording options and IMDB search under one of the other buttons. It seems a lot more logical that way. It would also mean that KiddaC would not need to maintain the mod. I can live with the terminology of "Autotimer" rather than "Series link" but the other mods do seem to make a lot of sense.

Just saying :-)
    what do you think?

thanks
    Paul

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I've found that setting ordinary timers doesn't skip back.

TIP: when setting an autotimer, select the program in question, press yellow to do an epg search, and setup the autotimer from there.

Exit takes you back to where you were in the epg.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (04-03-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi ccs,

With KiddaC's mod?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smipx View Post
    Hi ccs,

With KiddaC's mod?
    Sorry, probably misread the thread, this certainly works with the "standard" ViX implementation.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Sorry, probably misread the thread, this certainly works with the "standard" ViX implementation.
    No Worries mate :-)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Inserting self.getCurrentCursorLocation = self['list'].getCurrentCursorLocation() after line 839 seems to work.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Willo3092.

Sadly it looks like KiddaC is no longer actively maintaining the EPG mod as he is a busy man and has moved on to other projects so we will all have to make out own tweaks going forward by the looks of it :-(
    He explains this in his skin thread here: https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thr...634#post535634

Cheers,
    Paul

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    This is in the standard ViX epgselection, not KiddaC's version.

Title
    Thanks
    Ahh. Understood :-)

I guess one could hunt for that line of code in his mod and tweak it too

Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Willo3092

Just to confirm. Is it in this line it needs to be inserted. (Just checking I have the right epgselection.py)

def eventViewCallback(self, setEvent, setService, val):
    l = self['list']
    old = l.getCurrent()
    if self.type == EPG_TYPE_GRAPH or self.type == EPG_TYPE_INFOBARGRAPH:
    self.updEvent(val, False)
    elif val == -1:
    self.moveUp()
    elif val == +1:
    self.moveDown()
    cur = l.getCurrent()
    if (self.type == EPG_TYPE_MULTI or self.type == EPG_TYPE_GRAPH or self.type == EPG_TYPE_INFOBARGRAPH) and cur[0] is None and cur[1].ref != old[1].ref:
    self.eventViewCallback(setEvent, setService, val)
    >>>> Insert Here?????
    else:
    setService(cur[1])
    setEvent(cur[0])

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I don't know, I'm at work now. It's just the standard epgselection with OpenViX. I just pressed return after line 839 and pasted it in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast