Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo4K] EPG Importer and Refresh

db49er

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2017
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I have been struggling with my Solo4K since the release of 5.3.001 although Uno4KSE and Zero working perfectly as before, so I have to admit that I need help.

I first noticed that I had no EPG info (not even now and next) and my picons had disappeared. EPG Importer will not work, although it shows the correct time of import but 0 events and there is no EPG.DAT. After hours of trying every conceivable configuration I am unable to make it work although my picons reappeared after several power-downs then disappeared once more but are back now. The only way I can get any EPG data is to import EPG.DAT from my UNO4KSE. If I then run EPG Refresh the screen goes black and it continues running for ages and I have to power-down to stop it.

After an overnight power-down EPG.DAT disappears although it had been saved to the HDD.

Any suggestions for exterminating the Gremlins???
 
How many storage devices do you have connected to your Solo4k. What are the mount points? Which mount location do you use for EPG. Mountpoint is not necessarily same as storage device.

Issue following command and post back results. Especially in a failure state.

df -Th

Have you looked at the debug log?
 
Just the one
Autofs
Media/HDD
Please explain how I issue that command.
I had not changed any settings prior to updating.
 
There is a link in my signature.

Where do you have your picons?
On HDD. Left it in s/by overnight and refresh ran normally on start although date on epg.dat did not change and picons have gone again!!!!
Will try putty when back at box tomorrow and send log.
 
Also, box running very slowly with spinning vix between every button press. May have to start from scratch which I have been trying to avoid because it is a long job setting-up all the tuners again.
 
I think your HDD is faulty.
That's my first thought.

@db49er, can you disable timeshift, reboot your box and try the following telnet/putty commands:
Code:
init 4
umount /dev/sda1
e2fsck -p -c -f /dev/sda1
Note if any errors and reboot box.

This is assuming /dev/sda1 is where your HDD is mounted. If you use the command @Abu provided then look to left of the line that is your HDD (ie /media/hdd) and it will list mount name.
 
That's my first thought.

@db49er, can you disable timeshift, reboot your box and try the following telnet/putty commands:
Code:
init 4
umount /dev/sda1
e2fsck -p -c -f /dev/sda1
Note if any errors and reboot box.

This is assuming /dev/sda1 is where your HDD is mounted. If you use the command @Abu provided then look to left of the line that is your HDD (ie /media/hdd) and it will list mount name.

Here are the results:
root@vusolo4k:~# df -Th
Filesystem Type Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root ext4 3.5G 414.1M 3.1G 12% /
devtmpfs devtmpfs 435.1M 4.0K 435.1M 0% /dev
tmpfs tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs tmpfs 443.2M 788.0K 442.5M 0% /var/volatile
/dev/sda1 ext4 930.4G 538.0G 392.4G 58% /media/hdd
root@vusolo4k:~# init 4
root@vusolo4k:~# umount /dev/sda1
root@vusolo4k:~# e2fsck -p -c -f /dev/sda1

I have just rebooted and importer ran but still shows 0 events. The picon directory has disappeared from the HDD but the picons are showing and if I go to remove plugins it shows that I have the old "Transparent-Full" set installed.....weird!!!

I think that I will just leave it for the time being and wait for a dark, rainy weekend and start from scratch. Very much appreciate the help.
 
Did you notice any errors displayed after you ran e2fsck -p -c -f /dev/sda1 ?
 
You will need to enable debug logs (restart required to take effect). When you have an issue, you will see which location is being used for picons.

Are you inserting/removing a USB device regularly by any chance?
 
Just as an aside - the HDD is not a good location for picons. Unless you have permanent timeshift running, it will have to spin up the disk to fetch the picon on a channel change. Even with timeshift running it will still have to seek on the disk when you switch channels. Better to have picons stored on internal flash or, if you don't have enough flash left, on a USB stick.
 
No, have not used usb for over a year although I did consider it last night but re-flashed via image manager. Do you think it will make any difference flashing via usb?
I restored settings but not plugins and no great change. After ten attempts at running epg importer it showed that it had run, with the number of events, but there were only three days worth of data. I am frightened to run epg refresh now because it just goes on and on and I have to reboot to stop it. I will persevere with experimenting for a while but I may, eventually, have to go back to crossepg.
 
No, have not used usb for over a year although I did consider it last night but re-flashed via image manager. Do you think it will make any difference flashing via usb?
I restored settings but not plugins and no great change. After ten attempts at running epg importer it showed that it had run, with the number of events, but there were only three days worth of data. I am frightened to run epg refresh now because it just goes on and on and I have to reboot to stop it. I will persevere with experimenting for a while but I may, eventually, have to go back to crossepg.
No difference flashing between usb or ImageManager apart from the latter being usually easier to do.
 
I do not know why this log was generated because the box did not crash but I thought that it may be helpful.

I powered-up and both importer and refresh ran normally with epg.dat being created. I saved and loaded epg but no data shown when epg selected. To prove the file I transfered it to uno4k and it displayed perfectly. Repeated the import and refresh on solo4k but still no data displayed so it would appear that the data is downloaded correctly but, for some strange reason, it will not load into graphical epg.
 

Attachments

That crash log is from Sun Sep 3 18:33:43 2017


You need to look at your debug log or upload it for your current issue.

Debug logging is enabled as follows:
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Enable debug logs = yes, and then GUI Restart.

Try clearing out your EPG first just incase it is tainted.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top