Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ABM ignoring my custom file

Ojustaboo

ABM ignoring my custom file

ViX 5.1.031, GB-Quad

I have the attached hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/

but it doesn't seem to be picked up at all. Tried rebooting, starting the scan in ABM.

Any ideas please?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ojustaboo
    My fault, it is reading the file, I entered the channel 4 HD number completely wrong in the Hd_sat.... file like an idiot, one of those days

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The filename is wrong. It should not have the "hd_" at the beginning

Ojustaboo
    Thanks, but I think the filename is right as the original file is called "EXAMPLE_hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN"

I re-ordered all my channels this morning and it seems to all work OK apart from Sky News

I simply can't get Sky News to go where Bloomberg is, and add Bloomberg further down the news.

If you look at the attached files (new files. not same as OP), ALL my other program changes work 100% fine, it's just these two.

In the "EXAMPLE_hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN" file ABM created, it has the following

Code:
    <configuration lcn="502" channelnumber="502" description="Bloomberg"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="503" channelnumber="503" description="BBC NEWS"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="504" channelnumber="504" description="BBC Parliament"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="505" channelnumber="505" description="CNBC"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="506" channelnumber="506" description="CNN"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="507" channelnumber="507" description="NHK World HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="508" channelnumber="508" description="Euronews"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="509" channelnumber="509" description="CGTN"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="510" channelnumber="510" description="NDTV 24x7"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="511" channelnumber="511" description="RT"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="512" channelnumber="512" description="FRANCE Eng"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="513" channelnumber="513" description="Al Jazeera Eng"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="514" channelnumber="514" description="CNC World"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="515" channelnumber="515" description="TVC News"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="516" channelnumber="516" description="TRT World"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="518" channelnumber="518" description="Channels 24"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="522" channelnumber="522" description="Arirang TV HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="1184" channelnumber="1184" description="Sky Intro"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="1187" channelnumber="1187" description="Sky News"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="1197" channelnumber="1197" description="SkySp Arena"></configuration>
    As you can see from my attached file I moved Bloomberg to 519, and I moved Sky News to 502
    Code:
    <configuration lcn="502" channelnumber="1187" description="Sky News"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="503" channelnumber="503" description="BBC NEWS"></configuration>        
    <configuration lcn="504" channelnumber="504" description="BBC Parliament"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="505" channelnumber="505" description="CNBC"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="506" channelnumber="506" description="CNN"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="507" channelnumber="507" description="NHK World HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="508" channelnumber="508" description="Euronews"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="509" channelnumber="509" description="CGTN"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="510" channelnumber="510" description="NDTV 24x7"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="511" channelnumber="511" description="RT"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="512" channelnumber="512" description="FRANCE Eng"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="513" channelnumber="513" description="Al Jazeera Eng"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="514" channelnumber="514" description="CNC World"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="515" channelnumber="515" description="TVC News"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="516" channelnumber="516" description="TRT World"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="518" channelnumber="518" description="Channels 24"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="519" channelnumber="502" description="Bloomberg"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="522" channelnumber="522" description="Arirang TV HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="1184" channelnumber="1184" description="Sky Intro"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="1197" channelnumber="1197" description="SkySp Arena"></configuration>
    But while ALL my other changes to the file worked perfectly, Bloomberg appears at both 502 and 519 and skynews isn't (it isn't at 1187 either)

Here's 3 pics showing the news from All_Channels. you can see Bloombergs at both 502 and 519, and Sky is missing from 1187.

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

pic3.JPG

I've also included a pic showing the beginning of my EPG so that you can see it is correctly picking up the attached file,

pic4.JPG

and I've also included a pic from the News bouquet in case it helps.

pic5.JPG

I can't work out why. It seems everything else worked fine. I moved a load of channels I have zero interest in to near the end of the file, they all moved fine. It's just Sky news that is being weird?

There is another Sky News at 875 (secondary Channels) , but I always used the one at 1187 as it was far easier to go to the end of the bouquet and go up one screen and select Sky News from between Sky Intro and Sky SP Arena.

But I did try putting my Sky News back to 1187 and moving the one from 875, still exactly the same thing, Bloomberg on both 502 and 519.

EDIT: I've just noticed something odd but I'm still confused.

Here's a pic of Secondary Channels which I took after removing my custom file and running ABM. As you can see, there's one Sky News.

No_Custom.JPG

But putting my custom file back, there's now two sky news

With Custom file.JPG

I'm getting confused somewhere (for a change )

Any ideas?

thanks
    Last edited by Ojustaboo; 25-07-18 at 16:33. Reason: making it readable and putting pics in right order

Title
    Thanks
    Oops, my mistake. Filename is correct. Sorry.

You should only use the fixed numbers. The one higher than 1000 are not reliable. For what you are doing, it would be simpler to use a favourites.xml file.

Here is an excel file to help you create it. In the xml tool tab, list the official numbers in the order you want. I have added the ones you had already. Will need some work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Have you not read the README.txt? You should not be using the custom LCN file for this. Custom LCN is a system file for allocating LCNs, not swapping channels around. Should be using CustomMix. As some providers write directly to the CustomLCN file using it like this should be discouraged.
    Last edited by Huevos; 26-07-18 at 10:05.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Ojustaboo
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Have you not read the README.txt? You should not be using the custom LCN file for this. Custom LCN is a system file for allocating LCNs, not swapping channels around. Should be using CustomMix. As some providers write directly to the CustomLCN file using it like this should be discouraged.
    Yes I read it, I obviously got the wrong end of the stick.

The first part of the README.txt says

Code:
    CustomLCN
    ---------

CustomLCN allows channels to be moved around within one single provider. CustomLCN is  
    for providers that don't transmit logical channel numbers (e.g. Sky DE). Its purpose is
    to insert logical channel numbers. The CustomLCN list can be complete or partial. 
    It doesn't have to be in any particular order but having it sequential will make it 
    easier to avoid making errors.

Each time ABM runs it makes an example CustomLCN xml file for each provider that is scanned, 
    e.g. 'EXAMPLE_hd_sat_freesat_CustomLCN.xml'. These files are archived in:
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom
    To make your own custom LCN file just delete 'EXAMPLE_' from the filename, 
    i.e. hd_sat_freesat_CustomLCN.xml. Configurations in the provider xml file, such as channel swap, 
    on-top, etc, are done after CustomLCN has been processed.

The following is how to edit the file. Just cut and paste the lines into the order you want. 
    DO NOT add any channels into more than one place in the list.

Also don't forget to include the ABM custom folder in your backups otherwise your newly 
    created file may be lost during image updates.

This is an example of the original 'EXAMPLE_" file:
    <custom>
        <include>yes</include>
        <lcnlist>
            <configuration lcn="101" channelnumber="101" description="BBC One Lon"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="102" channelnumber="102" description="BBC Two HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="103" channelnumber="103" description="ITV"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="104" channelnumber="104" description="Channel 4"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="105" channelnumber="105" description="Channel 5"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="106" channelnumber="106" description="BBC Three HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="107" channelnumber="107" description="BBC Four HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="108" channelnumber="108" description="BBC One HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="109" channelnumber="109" description="BBC Two Eng"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="110" channelnumber="110" description="BBC ALBA"></configuration>

This is how to swap channels.        
    If you want to swap ITV (103) with BBC Three HD (106) cut and paste both lines.
    <custom>
        <include>yes</include>
        <lcnlist>
            <configuration lcn="101" channelnumber="101" description="BBC One Lon"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="102" channelnumber="102" description="BBC Two HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="106" channelnumber="106" description="BBC Three HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="104" channelnumber="104" description="Channel 4"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="105" channelnumber="105" description="Channel 5"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="103" channelnumber="103" description="ITV"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="107" channelnumber="107" description="BBC Four HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="108" channelnumber="108" description="BBC One HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="109" channelnumber="109" description="BBC Two Eng"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="110" channelnumber="110" description="BBC ALBA"></configuration>

Now change the lcn numbers. lcn numbers should be in order to avoid errors!!
    <custom>
        <include>yes</include>
        <lcnlist>
            <configuration lcn="103" channelnumber="106" description="BBC Three HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="106" channelnumber="103" description="ITV"></configuration>

Removing channels.
    Channel removal only applies to unsorted lists, i.e. non-LCN providers where the list has not been 
    sorted in any way. To remove a channel, just delete the line. NOTE: When <include>is set to 'yes', 
    all channels not configured in the custom xml will be added at the end of the main bouquet. This way 
    also new services from the provider will be added at the end of the channel list. Any new channels 
    will be shown in the ABM log.

Changing 'channel numbers'.
    If you want your own numbering, edit the lcn numbers. lcn numbers should be in order to avoid errors!!
    <custom>
        <include>no</include>
        <lcnlist>
            <configuration lcn="1" channelnumber="101" description="BBC One Lon"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="2" channelnumber="102" description="BBC Two HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="3" channelnumber="103" description="ITV"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="4" channelnumber="104" description="Channel 4"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="5" channelnumber="105" description="Channel 5"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="6" channelnumber="106" description="BBC Three HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="7" channelnumber="107" description="BBC Four HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="8" channelnumber="108" description="BBC One HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="9" channelnumber="109" description="BBC Two Eng"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="10" channelnumber="110" description="BBC ALBA"></configuration>
    Which I took to be telling me this is what I use to swap channels around.

Ojustaboo
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Oops, my mistake. Filename is correct. Sorry.

You should only use the fixed numbers. The one higher than 1000 are not reliable. For what you are doing, it would be simpler to use a favourites.xml file.

Here is an excel file to help you create it. In the xml tool tab, list the official numbers in the order you want. I have added the ones you had already. Will need some work.
    Many many thanks, much appreciated

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojustaboo View Post
    Yes I read it, I obviously got the wrong end of the stick.
    Code:
    CustomMix or CustomLCN?
    -----------------------

What is the difference between CustomMix and CustomLCN?

CustomLCN is for allocating LCNs (logical channel numbers) to channels that don't have them. 
    It should be considered a system file and not be used to move channels around that already 
    have LCNs allocated to them.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB...ME.txt#L16-L23
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (26-07-18)

Ojustaboo
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    it would be simpler to use a favourites.xml file.

Many thanks, that file helped a lot.

I've created the favourites.xml file and it all works perfectly, very very happy

I was about to ask what I'd done wrong as channels 1 - 200 were all over the place, while the others were correct, then I realised I had also left the hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN on the quad, as soon as I deleted that and reran ABM, all is exactly as I want.

Where do you (can I ) get the info for the second page of your spreadsheet,. so I can update my one myself every few months to see if any new worthwhile channels have appeared?

Many many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    That second page is a CSV file that ABM can create. It is posted in the example mix/hacks thread.

Best to include all numbers in your favourite xml even if the channel is blank. When one turns up it will be included automatically.

Don't forget that you can add bouquets too using favourite.xml

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post: