Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: OpenViX 5.1.027 will not return to Deep Standby affter recording

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OpenViX 5.1.027 will not return to Deep Standby affter recording

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    The box has no way of telling that you are watching. It is "on", that is all that it knows.
    Playing back a recording is something it can check, and it assumes someone is watching it.
    The two states are different, and hence are treated differently.
    Hi

Well, I would have thought that if it can detect that there have been key presses sent to it that it could conclude the box is 'in use' and cancel any pending calls to shut down.until the next time it finds itself in st/by mode.

If it is getting the request to shut down from a finished Recording Timer, where is that Timer getting that setting from? I mean, the only thing I have done to effect such things is to have the Power Timer to do it.
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I class "watching tv" as the basic state the box is in when you switch on.
    This "state" always goes to deep standby when timers end if that's what you've configured them to do.
    Hi

I haven't explicitly set anything like that - which setting are you referring to?
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Could it be that you are watching TV for ,say, an hour and then in the background a timer recording starts for a program on another channel. When the recording ends you have told your box to go to deep standby and hence the message you see. The box is only obeying your instructions?
    Hi

I am not aware of having changed any settings that could cause Recordings to want to shut the box down?

Title
    Thanks
    Speculation.......

Could it be that you are watching TV for ,say, an hour and then in the background a timer recording starts for a program on another channel. When the recording ends you have told your box to go to deep standby and hence the message you see. The box is only obeying your instructions? The box has no knowledge that you may still be watching something and is behaving in exactly the way it would if woken up from deep standby, recorded a program and then gone back into deep standby.

I don’t see the same because all my timers are set for “auto” operation after a recording ends. I read the auto instruction as:
    i) If the box wakes up from deep standby to record it will return to deep standby afterwards.
    ii) If I’m watching TV and a timer recording starts the box will stay operational afterwards to let me continue watching TV.

If the timers have been set for “After event = go to deep standby” that’s exactly what they will do irrespective of what you may be doing with the box.

Hi

Well, I have just looked through all upcoming recording timers and every one has the After Event set to Auto. I haven't ever changed/used that setting in the past.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leshay View Post
    Hi

I am not aware of having changed any settings that could cause Recordings to want to shut the box down?
    You possibly need to check all the timers for the After Event option setting
    record_timer.jpg
    If any say go to standby or go to deep standby then this is what you are seeing
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi

Well, I have just looked through all upcoming recording timers and every one has the After Event set to Auto. I haven't ever changed/used that setting in the past.
    Have you checked all your Autotimer settings for the same?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

I don't use auto timers at all so that can't be the cause.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    POI. AutoTimers just set Record Timers. The relevant thing would be any Record Timer they set.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Well, I would have thought that if it can detect that there have been key presses sent to it that it could conclude the box is 'in use' and cancel any pending calls to shut down.until the next time it finds itself in st/by mode.
    It restarts any repeating Power Timer on a key press.
    But if you don't press any key for longer than the repeat time the Power Timer will kick in.

However, the message you reported was from a Record Timer, so key presses are irrelevant.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    POI. AutoTimers just set Record Timers. The relevant thing would be any Record Timer they set.
    I'm aware of that.

I only suggested checking autotimers because leshay said he had checked the "upcoming recording timers". If an autotimer was waiting to set something not yet in the EPG for that channel then he may not have seen an upcoming timer with a go to deep standby option in his list.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

All I can suggest is that the next time it happens, clear the prompt and immediately connect to the box and take a copy of the timers.xml file in /etc/enigma2.
    Then post it here.

Title
    Thanks
    All I can suggest is that the next time it happens, clear the prompt and immediately connect to the box and take a copy of the timers.xml file in /etc/enigma2.
    Then post it here.
    Hi

OK, will do.

Title
    Thanks
    Back to the OP issue, I've downgraded to 5.1.026 and Mut@nt behaves as it should:

1. It wakes up from Deep Standby due to a timer;
    2. Remains into Standby while recording;
    3. Then goes back into Deep Standby once the recording is finished.

Therefore my problem is caused by some change in the latest OpenViX version, 5.1.027. Where/how should I be reporting this?

Re. leshay's problem: If I take the box out of standby during stage 2 above, I will also get a warning that the box is about to return to Deep Standby after the recording is finished and it starts a countdown. Unless I interrupt (exit) the warning the box will eventually go into Deep Standby. I have not noticed spurious warnings for going back into Deep Standby in circumstances like leshay's, i.e. if I power on the box after stage 3 above. However, I have not set up any cron or power timers at all. Only autotimers. I cannot confirm if this behaviour occurs with 5.1.027 - but I expect not, because the box stays on and does not return to Deep Standby.
    Last edited by Mickkie; 16-05-18 at 16:37.
    Kind regards,

Mick

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickkie For This Useful Post:

birdman (16-05-18),leshay (16-05-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickkie View Post
    Back to the OP issue, I've downgraded to 5.1.026 and Mut@nt behaves as it should:

1. It wakes up from Deep Standby due to a timer;
    2. Remains into Standby while recording;
    3. Then goes back into Deep Standby once the recording is finished.

Therefore my problem is caused by some change in the latest OpenViX version, 5.1.027. Where/how should I be reporting this?

Re. leshay's problem: If I take the box out of standby during stage 2 above, I will also get a warning that the box is about to return to Deep Standby after the recording is finished and it starts a countdown. Unless I interrupt (exit) the warning the box will eventually go into Deep Standby. I have not noticed spurious warnings for going back into Deep Standby in circumstances like leshay's, i.e. if I power on the box after stage 3 above. However, I have not set up any cron or power timers at all. Only autotimers. I cannot confirm if this behaviour occurs with 5.1.027 - but I expect not, because the box stays on and does not return to Deep Standby.

Hi

That looks like a suitable candidate for me to look out for - I can't recall specifically whether or not my issues followed that pattern,but maybe so. It is a very possible situation that I could have been in, and many days, I know that I must have taken the box out of a st/by which a recording had set.

If that is actually what is happening, then that must be an 'unwanted feature' or, a 'bug' maybe.
    I realize from birdman that it is a Recording Timer calling for the shut down, but under the circumstance above, shouldn't the pending shutdown be cancelled when user takes box out of a st/by which was set by Recording Timer wake up?

Title
    Thanks
    If that is actually what is happening, then that must be an 'unwanted feature' or, a 'bug' maybe.
    I realize from birdman that it is a Recording Timer calling for the shut down, but under the circumstance above, shouldn't the pending shutdown be cancelled when user takes box out of a st/by which was set by Recording Timer wake up?
    Well, it's certainly the case that if the recording thinks it was a "wakeup to record" and put the box into Standby then if it isn't in Standby at the end there must have been some user-interaction, so it shouldn't do anything.
    I'll see what the code says....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast