Maybe storage device is faulty
Why HDD & USB? Take out the USB, not needed and use the internal HDD. If you have Picons, save to internal flash.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I constantly have to redo EPG import and Cross EPG for 28.2 channels. The EPG keeps disappearing.
I don't use CrossEpg, only EPGImport, but i try that, deleting epg.dat files and restart then Epgimport.
QUOTE from there :
In the meantime:
I think that it would be nice to update this package:
enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport-rytec
So people performing an update of there image will get a clean up version of the source file.
Will this be new in the plugins in the next update ?
I use both Cross for 28.2 and Epgimporter for 19.2 every day on all my machines including the SF4008 .... apart from the recent Rytec issues there is never (usually) an issue.
So in my view its NOT a driver issue.... there would be loads of complaints and Octagon are good at responding. Also this receiver has been around in Europe longer than UK, so it would have been noticed.
As Andy has said, decide where you are going to save CrossEPG epg.dat and then put the box in standby and using something like Filezilla ensure that epg.dat is deleted out of flash, usb and hdd ... then reboot to start afresh.
Preferably use Putty or a Telnet app to login to the receiver and use init 4 (standby), delete the epg.dat(s) and then init 6 to reboot.
In the long past I have had numerous issues with Crossepg and a corrupted epg.dat which has lead to a similar issue (no epg)
I am assuming the HDD is internal???? If not it needs power.