Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Setup Inadyn ViX

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    im not sure. something isnt setup right. if you go into Inadyn Setup and press blue to "Show Log" what does it say in there?
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for this. Do you know if it work with FreeDNS.afraid.org domains?

Title
    Thanks
    hi punisher ive followed your instrcutions as to setting up the Inadyn ViX all good , ive logged into teh dyndns website and is hows my host and ip address , not how do i get into my virual router section, im using bthomehub and cant find it anywhere , also once ive done this exactly hoe can i stream my vu+duo to my android phone or laptop when im away on business - sorry to sound thick thanks in advance

squig007

Title
    Thanks
    i have chnaged the port number in webinterface in the vu+duo and i think i have found in the bthomehub where to add the roter details etc but im not sure it says this :

A game or application is made up of one or more TCP/UDP port ranges. Each incoming port range can be translated into a different internal (home network) port range. Port ranges can be statically assigned to devices or dynamically assigned using an outgoing trigger

protocol - tcp or udp
    port range ?
    translate to ?
    trigger protocol tcp or udp
    trigger port ?
    have i found the correct part of my router ?

squig007

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Im not sure the bt homehub allows access to ur network externally. I tried on my bros bthomehub and it wouldnt let me. I read a few posts on forums saying the same thing. Im not sure whether its me doin suma unless someone knows something i dont lol
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    got these instructiosn from the internet that work but im not sure what i do to access my vu duo :

Ok this is not simple but it works. I am using the Iphone, Windows 7 and the latest BT Home Hub 2 (the black one with the telephone attached) but I assume that it applies to all handsets/computers. Here's what to do.

1. You will need to put a VNC (RealVNC; Tight VNC etc) programme on your computer. I use RealVNC but this costs money and I think Tight VNC is just the same. Hope so!

2. Now Google DynDNS and get a free DNS Host. I am using Hobby-Site.org but I'm sure they're all similar. The site will guide you through the setup.

3. Once you have these programmes on your computer you can now start on the Home Hub.

4. I have an ordinary account so no special contract is needed.

5. Open the web browser and on the top search bar type in http://192.168.1.254/ This will access the Hub.

6. Go to Settings. It will prompt for a password. Enter yours and then go to Advanced Settings. Click on the Application Sharing option.

7. Select the "Select Game or Applicaton" option and find VNC and click on it.

8. Now, in the "Device" option select the computer you wish to access. Do not select any other device that may be connected to the network such as "My I Phone" etc. This is a common error.

9. Apply the changes.

10. On the Iphone get VNC lite free from the App Store. Can't help for users of other devices.

11. On the Iphone launch VNC and go to the Menu Option to set up the connection. In the VNC Server IP address put your remote DNS host name; it will be something like jobloggs.hobby-site.org

12. VNC Server Port will be 5900

13. VNC Password speaks for itself.

14. Now try to connect.

If you have set it up properly you should now have your computer screen on the IPhone and connected externally through the Internet not locally.

The internal network local connection should not be a problem. You need only VNC on the computer and Iphone and, just on the Iphone side, need to type in the local IP address of the computer you wish to access (eg 192.156.2.60) and password to connect.

Hope this helps.

StevieP

7. The Following User Says Thank You to squig007 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (09-12-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ye i read suma similar too but i dnt understand why u have to install vnc. The bthomehub is pants lol
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Stupid question I'm sure. Is there the option of free accounts on the dyndns site? Just looking and I can't see anything for a free account.

Also can I set up a static ip on the box and just access it remotely via that? Do you have to use that dreambox app or do free alternatives exist?

Title
    Thanks
    My account on
    Code:
    www.dyndns.com
    has always been free. My router supports dynamic dns, and also does port forwarding and translation.
    Last edited by Larry-G; 29-12-11 at 01:16. Reason: no live links please.

Title
    Thanks
    hi

how to update with no-ip??

regards

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    hi

how to update with no-ip??

regards
    Hi

i am also interested to know how ? tried to put : dyndns_system default@no-ip.org but doesnt work . i thought that inadyn was intented to no-ip service and dyndns client for DynDns.

Title
    Thanks
    that site is no longer free now *-(

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Dyndns is still free and always has been
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Has anyone solved this as I'm having the same issue and was pointed in this forums direction on another post I had made.

Title
    Thanks
    It's the system part which seemed to be the problem when using no-ip

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast