Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Setup Inadyn ViX

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    give me that email mate i will try i got 2 et9ks and am happy to try as i am with sicilian on this you cant downgrade bootloader
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Xtrend Eng.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    give me that email mate i will try i got 2 et9ks and am happy to try as i am with sicilian on this you cant downgrade bootloader
    I'd rather try it out for myself If I succeed I'll share, however having 2 et9ks probably won't help you with downgrading bootloader mate.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    when i refer to having 2 that was to state in trying if i screw one up then no bother

but i am rearing to try what knolledge you have if at all it is true
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    @ Premiumtaste, if you do manage this, please PM the proceedure to either myself or another member of staff for testing. I'd rather we check the proceess than risk someone bricking their receiver. Once tested and if it work we will post.

Thanks.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by premiumtaste View Post
    I'd rather try it out for myself If I succeed I'll share, however having 2 et9ks probably won't help you with downgrading bootloader mate.
    the point was that we have many beta testers with this receiver who are more than willing to risk damaging their receivers testing this process rather than you, your self risking yours. but as long as you understand the risks involved the ultimate decision is yours. were always willing to help as and when we can.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (19-10-11),premiumtaste (20-10-11),Sicilian (19-10-11)

Title
    Xtrend Eng.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    the point was that we have many beta testers with this receiver who are more than willing to risk damaging their receivers testing this process rather than you, your self risking yours. but as long as you understand the risks involved the ultimate decision is yours. were always willing to help as and when we can.
    thank you for your comments and thank you for the concern that I might damage my own receiver. I understand the risks involved in it by trying this process. It might take longer than expected, however I too have more one et 9k, so if I succeed, I'll let you pheonix and sicilian know about the processes. Once again, thank you for your comments

8. The Following User Says Thank You to premiumtaste For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (20-10-11)

Title
    Thanks
    I'm having trouble getting this running correctly for me
    Inadyn is set up correctly and the log shows a successful connection, yet when i go to in xxxxxx.dyndns.tv in my browser i get to my router log in page.
    I have changed my Vu+ default port back to 80(same as router) all with no joy....
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by banie01; 20-10-11 at 12:09.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Are you accessing this at home?
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    Are you accessing this at home?
    I am at home, but not using my home network. Accessing it via a tablet on 3g

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    F u followed the steps exactly then it should work as i do it countless times lol but start from the beginnin, uve created a dyndns account and set it up in Inadyn and its successfully connected.
    What router do you have? Have u forwarded your http port in your router to the right IP Address of the box? If your trying it via 3g you need to put the port number at the end too, so http://xxxx.dyndns.tv:80
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    F u followed the steps exactly then it should work as i do it countless times lol but start from the beginnin, uve created a dyndns account and set it up in Inadyn and its successfully connected.
    What router do you have? Have u forwarded your http port in your router to the right IP Address of the box? If your trying it via 3g you need to put the port number at the end too, so http://xxxx.dyndns.tv:80
    I'm using a POS Netopia 2247 router, I have the port forwarded correctly(I even reverted to port 80 on the Vu to match the default Http port on the router)
    This modem doesn't have a virtual server menu, but I can pass through the IP so i have it set for the Vu to share the public IP and still no joy....
    I just get to my router, rather than the Vu......
    I think its a router issue rather than a set up problem tho....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    well the dydnds is obiously routing to your ip as it gets to your routers ip. go to menu/plugins/web interface and change the HTTP Port from 00080 to 00123 and then do the same in your rouuter too, forward port 123 to your box ip 192.168.x.x and then try again to access it via 3g by going to http://xxxx.dyndns.tv:123
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi punisher I still haven't got this running done all steps as you explained but to no avail I have got a dyndns should it be set to my network ip address or my local 192.168.0.x?? And how do I know it's setup correctly

Need help please sir
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Gigablue LNB Unicable SCR 2 legacy 5.4 (release)
    Positioned to 28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you will know its setup when you see the last screenshot in the tutorial saying IP Address update successful. if you login to your dyndns account on their website, and look at your host, it should point to your WAN IP address and not the 192.168 one .... make sure once you have set it up, you stop it and then start it otherwise it wont use your new settings
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Done all the above and get a forebideen error in the web browser... What it mean??
    Thedoc
    VU+ Duo 4K SE
    Zone 2 dish 60cm
    Gigablue LNB Unicable SCR 2 legacy 5.4 (release)
    Positioned to 28.2E

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast